failed second IUI

iVillage Member
failed second IUI
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 9:57pm

So I had my second IUI on 2/14. I was supposed to have it on 2/7, but was not ready. Apparently I must have been, because I just got my period. According to my IUI I should have my period next week. But no I have it one week early!! Exactly when I would normally have it. I feel like I should blame the doctors, but I know it is not there fault. I mean it worked the first time, but did not stick.:( Why did it not work this time?

Tomorrow I have to call my doctor, so hopefully I can start again this cycle. I am not sure if I have to wait one cycle, I hope not. I just feel like not trying any more.

I just cannot keep going through this, I just feel like I am never going to have kids. DH and I have only been trying for a year and a half, that is not that long but it feels like forever. I am trying to be positive about everything but I cannot anymore. Why can't everyone get pregnant easily?? It's just not fair!

Sorry this message is going in a million different directions. But this is what I am thinking about right now. Thanks for listening

Carrie

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-24-2010 - 2:38pm

Carrie, I'm sorry about AF coming early.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-23-2010 - 9:30pm
Thanks, unfortunately it is AF. i just hope the nurse at the docs office believes me this time. I hope I can start Clomid this week. I just have to figure out what day they will be counting CD 1, today or yesterday. Thanks for your support.
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-23-2010 - 7:02pm

Gosh Carrie - what a roller coaster day for you with AF!

Me: 39, DH: 43

TTC for 5 years . 1 Ectopic PG at 8 wee

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-23-2010 - 12:46pm

Update..

So I called my doctors office and the nurse I spoke with does not believe that I have my period. Sorry in advance for the to much information. I told her that last night when I went to the bathroom I had some blood, then this morning I had nothing. When spoke to the nurse she said it is not my period, after I spoke to her I went to the bathroom and there was blood my my pad and when I wiped. Then I went to the bathroom on lunch and nothing. So I called the nurse again and she still said that it is not my period. Sorry for all the information. Has anybody had any experince with sonething like this??

I told the nurse that if it is my

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-23-2010 - 9:41am
Hugs Carrie,

~Christine~

TTC since 6/2007. 
IVF #1 Jan 2009 - BFN
IVF# 2  April 2009 - BFN
IVF# 3 July

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-23-2010 - 8:48am

:( I'm so sorry Carrie! It does sound like the timing was off on the IUI, ugh how frustrating. I hope you don't have to wait a cycle in between, I can't see any reason why you'd have to. (but hey what do I know?)

You're so right, this journey is just not a fair thing to some and it is so annoying. Many hugs, I'm h&p that the timing is right on for your next IUI and you get a sticky little one this time.

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 10:41pm

Hi Carrie,

I'm so sorry the IUI didn't work out for you this time.

~ Meron born 12-09-11 after 3 1/2 years of TTC, IUIs and IVF.
~ #2 on the way(!) and due 06-06-13.