Everyone MUST read!
Find a Conversation
|Wed, 11-02-2011 - 6:03pm|
I see the thyroid subject has popped up several times this week & thought it would be valuable information to share with you all. A lil on me: I apparently have gone untreated (not knowing I had it) for over 10yrs so now I have a severe form of it. I've been battling unexplained IF for 2 1/2yrs which I now know is b/c of my thyroid. When my thyroid troubles started to get really bad I was also dx with PCOS. I have extensively researched all of these & in the last 2mths have dove into the connection of them all being tied together. I plan to list some of my favorite links with the most understandable info on it. Thyroid disease is a very complex, confusing disease so I couldn't cover it all but mainly wanted the most important info connected to PCOS & ttc. Now I feel every single one of you should read this to be aware but def if you have suffered from: Annovulatory cycles, Irregular cycles, Trouble ttc for over a year, Multiple losses, Unexplained Infertility, Lack of response/unsucessful infertility treatments or weight issues. Some of the most important things you should know:
* Your levels can be in "normal range" & you still have a thyroid condition
* You can have absolutely no symptoms or have several
* On average it takes 6 drs before you find one that knows enough to dx & treat it (scary!)
* Most people with thyroid conditions are in "normal range" (it can be camoflauged)
* Your thyroid gland controls 95% of you bodily functions, yes 95%. So your entire body!
* Most drs when they have "tested thyroid" they have tested the wrong things
* Most are dx with other conditions when really it's thyroid ( I had 7 over the years)
* 8 million ppl go undiagnosed & it is the #1 mis-diagnosed disease in the US
* Thyroid Disease Control published a list of 69 different symptoms caused by thyroid
* Untreated thyroid can eventually cause life threatning issues
* Thyroid is no joke, hope I've made that clear!
* PCOS sufferers:pcos.insulitelabs.com/PCOS-and-Thyroid-Disorders.php
*Thyroid & Infertility/Multiple losses:www.thyroid-info.com/articles/fertilitythy.htm
*Effects of both types & pregnancy: www.conceiveonline.com/articles/your-thyroid-gland-your...
*Some basic symptoms for each: www.thyroidsymptomshelp.com
*The experience with most drs when it comes to thyroid: thyroid.about.com/library/weekly/aa060198.htm