Need advice

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-04-2003
Need advice
Mon, 01-13-2014 - 9:51pm

I used to be on these boards a lot years ago and I sadly see that the amount of them have dwindled. This board is the closest that I could find that may be able to offer some advice.

I have two children, my oldest is almost 14 and my youngest was 8 in July. There is such a big age difference between I first had problems getting pregnant with my youngest then I had two miscarriages right before him. I went through some procedures and clomid therapy and I have my wonderful son. During that time, my now ex-husband had pretty much forced me to get my tubes tied and the doctor thought it was a good idea due to the difficulty I had getting pregnant.

However, I am now divorced, much healthier, and would like to have another baby. Not to mention I believe I have the Post  Tubal Ligation Syndrome and have had nothing but problems since my tubes were tied. I remember when I was on the TTC boards before, someone had posted a link to a place that would give grants for IVF treatments but that was about 9 years ago so I don't remember. I guess my question is if anyone knows of anywhere that will give grants for a tubal reversal or a way to get insurance to pay for it. Thanks a bunch and good luck to all of you!


Avatar for Cmmelissa
iVillage Member
Registered: 11-13-2008
Tue, 01-14-2014 - 9:53am
I don't know of any but I hope you can find a place to do it, Angie. I'm glad that you are in a much better place now, and hope that your dream of having another child can be fulfilled.