Scott arrived 6-22-2010

iVillage Member
Scott arrived 6-22-2010
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 12:03pm

Hi all!
It's been a week and two days since my little guy made his arrival and I haven't had a chance to keep up with the boards.

Stats:
Scott was born on June 22, 2010, at 1:58pm via C-Section. He was 6.5 lbs and 19.5 inches long...little guy...his apgars were 9 and 9.
Birth story:
I had been on bed rest since April 24th with contractions, some bleeding and more contractions. I spent those two months in and out of L&D. Not fun.
When I was about 36W2D I felt a gush and a ton of clear liquid was soaking my pants. I went to L&D and the test for amniotic fluid came back negative. They insisted that I had peed my pants...I knew that wasn't the case at all, as I was wearing white pants, and the liquid didn't leave a stain,, nor did it smell like pee...and it was pretty clear where it had come from.
At my next OB visit, I got checked and my OB agreed to induce me one day short of 38 weeks.
When I went in the morning of the 21st, she told me I would be going to the hospital that evening to start the process, as my cervix was pretty closed and a bit hard still...she said it would take a while for me to go into full labor...she then did an U/S and saw that the fluid was low and for the first time brought up the possibility of having a C-Section. After much discussion, we decided that it would be in Scott's best interest for me to have a C-Section.
I went in at noon on the 22nd for my 1:30pm procedure. I thank God that I had a great experience and a wonderful team that made things very easy on me. Scott was then born at 1:58pm.
Even though he was a small baby, he is doing great. He went from 6.5 lbs at birth to 5.14 lbs at the end of the week. He had his first Ped appt on Monday, and he was back to 6.2lbs.
He feeds like a champ (more like a piranha...lol...). He is a great kid, and I'm healing quite well...I'm only taking ibuprofen every once in a while when I feel sore.
We are thrilled and very much in love with this little guy.
I am attaching one of the most recent pictures.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 4:34pm
Congratulations Maria, Scott is just beautiful!

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 7:12pm
Congratulations on the arrival of your little guy!! I am so glad Scott is doing well and that you are healing well too!
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 12:34pm
Congratulations Maria!