April 2011 Cycle Grads and Friends

iVillage Member
April 2011 Cycle Grads and Friends
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 7:56am

Congrats to you all!!

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 5:39pm
Hey all! Restarting our thread in the proper section. I know you're all so busy, but I'd love to hear how you are doing. When are you going back to work, if at all? How is bfing? What are your babies doing (developmentally)? Btw... Do any of your babies growl instead coo like mine? He sounds so funny! I call him my feral boy and his dad calls Him luchan the wolf boy. How often do your babes eat and sleep? Etc, etc... Crystal, how did your babes respond to their immunizations? I may break up the first one and just do whooping cough first then the other two the next month or in two weeks. What do you all think? Chris and Jenn, second time around, is there something you want to do differently.
About me: Sheri 35, DH 42, happily married 16 years, 3 furbabies TTC#1 since forever, MFI (complications from Type 1 Diabetes) December, February IUIs cancelled. One thing after another. March IVF stopped for uterine polyps (my turn to have something
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 5:45pm
Cilakay, 27 months--you are amazing. Got the bigger cups but though better, they still hurt me. I think I am extra sore cause he eats so often and is not a great latcher. Seems like one nipple gets better and the other starts hurting. I'm pushing through the pain and relying more on Advil than I'd like. Tell me it will get better and less painful soon :)
About me: Sheri 35, DH 42, happily married 16 years, 3 furbabies TTC#1 since forever, MFI (complications from Type 1 Diabetes) December, February IUIs cancelled. One thing after another. March IVF stopped for uterine polyps (my turn to have something
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 7:36am

thanks Cilla for the new thread!!

34 yo, married for for almost 3 years now; fist time IVF, no kids yet, one 2 yr old hyper puppy, and dh who's very loving :) ivf with lupron, mepron and follistim. ER 4/11, ET 4/16 2 blast; beta 1 on 4/27 450; beta 2 4/29 1188; Delivered 11/29/11
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-11-2012 - 6:12pm
So I may be paranoid but I have a question because it freaks me out! Do any of your babies snore and/or stop breathing for not while they are sleeping? Do they wheeze, grunt, or gasp as they sleep. I am afraid to search the Internet as it always freaks me out. I know with acid reflux he can have muscuos from the milk spit up in the nasal passages. We see the pediatrician on feb 17, but I wonder if I should make a sooner appt. I could use some advice :)
Crystal, you are a trooper by yourself all day with twins! I can hardly deal with feeding one (I have another yeast infection and my nipples are on fire! Also it makes all the milk I've stored unuseable :( I'm still sleeping on a chair in the livingroom and now I am not trying to get him in the bassinet since I'm worried about the breathing.
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-11-2012 - 9:44pm

HI Everyone,

I'm sorry, I want to come and post and it's just so crazy ALL the time.

Chris

Me, 38, dh, 35

3 IUI's - BFN

IVF #1 - Jan '08 - BFP - beautiful baby boy born 10/10/08

IVF cycle #2 - TTC

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-13-2012 - 8:49am

Hi ladies!

I'm still here but I rarely have two hands to type these days and no time to type one handed.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-13-2012 - 4:25pm
Jenn--I can only imagine how shi$&! It feels to have dd prefer DH right now and to not get quality time with her. Great that DH can help though. Bfing is not easy esp when b needs so much time to do it. Hope he is ok and ped appt goes well.

Thanks Chris for helping to ease my worry. His ped responded to my email, which made me feel better too. Are both your babes sleeping in the same room? I think I'm gonna get a crib soon, but I may put it in our room for some time. Is ds in preschool too?

Crystal--I still cannot imagine how you bf both! I can't imagine you even have time to pump or burp them! Wow! But it must be amazing and will be so wonderful when they really interact with each other (are they reacting to one another?)

How are you doing Kelly? Hope your bp is ok.

Afm, trying not to worry and am getting better at it. Acid reflux or gerd is hard because it makes it seem like something worse is wrong with him at times. He's a great little guy and is really smiley and likewise, opinionated. I love how we are really seeing his personality emerge. I am blessed that DH works at home and weave next door to my folks. Since b refuses to sleep anywhere except on a person, we sometimes bring him over to grandmas in the evening. We sleep for a couple hours then! It is so nice to sleep in the same bed as DH! Miss it as I tend to sleep in our safer livingroom chair with b. bfing is killing me. Have another yeast infection and the pain is not going away as quickly as usual or as I want it. It sucks too that I can't store any milk right now or it will be contaminated. I go back next Tuesday and I am so curious how it will be to try and pump. I am lucky that it takes five minutes to get two to two and a had ounces (3 if I'm lucky) when I pump, but I still find pumping painful. Could be the infection tho. Seems like I haven't hadith bfing time without issue. It really is amazing to feed the bane that way and such a special bond. Judy so on love with this crazy little bean!
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-17-2012 - 9:47am
Darn iPhone autocorrect! The end should be: just so in love with my babe
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-18-2012 - 10:03pm
Hope everyone is well! Eddin had his two month appt and he is now 11 pOunds 8 oz--fatty. Five pounds in a month, which feels like a lot but not sure if it is. He got his first immunizations, and it was hard to see him scream. DH held him and distracted him while I turned away. He is okay though -- little trooper. I have to start back to work in Tuesday :( It makes me weepy just thinking about it. Those of you who are back or who have done it before, how do you handle it? How can you pump?!?

Would love to hear how everyone is doing and understand the lack of posting. :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 11:51am
Hi everyone! I hope that you are all doing well!

For those of you who have gone back to work already (Sheri and Chris, I think), how is it going? I know that I have another month left, but I am so dreading going back. We still are unsure of what we are going to be doing for child care once I go back. We have registered at a local daycare, but we are hoping that family and friends can help us out for the 11 weeks between my going back and the end of the school year, especially since I have not gotten paid since November 30 (and Aflac, while helpful, is not as much as a we thought).

I have started thinking about a pumping schedule when I go back. How is it working out for you, Sheri? I am thinking that I will be able to pump at 10 and 2 at work. I leave at 7 and get home around 4:30. I am a little nervous about my body's ability to keep up with the schedule that I am planning...but we will see.

As for my little one, Madelyn is doing very well. It took us awhile to figure out the whole breastfeeding thing, but we stuck to it and things are going much better now. We are still supplementing with bottles of expressed milk and/or formula, but we are using less and less of them now. (Though this week she seems to be going through a growth spurt because she is eating like a champ this week!) She started sleeping through the night three nights ago...Oh the first night, I was a nervous wreck! 9 hours (while wonderful for DH and my sleeping) is a long time, and while I should have been enjoying my sleep, I was too busy watching the monitor to see what was going on! She recently developed a little bit of reflux, but we have been able to remedy it with some behavioral changes...hopefully that lasts!

She is weighing in at 9 pounds now. I cannot believe that she will be 7 weeks on Wednesday. She is so alert, looking around curiously and staring at us. She is also so much more vocal, and she recently found her hands...she loves sucking on them!

How is everyone and your little ones doing?
Kelly (31) DH (32) TTC Since June 2009 August 2007 - Myomectomy - removed large fibroid on back of uterus January 2010 - HSG reveals "possible" blocked left tube March 2010 - First RE visit (PCOS secondary to CAH diagnosed) April 2010 - October 2010

Pages