Come on down...November Cyclers!!!

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-06-2008
Come on down...November Cyclers!!!
416
Wed, 08-24-2011 - 8:03pm
Hello ladies,

What are you doing leading up to your cycle? I have to wait a couple AF's after a chemical pregnancy. Which is fine because I would like to lower my BMI by 25 lbs.
Me 34 DH 50 Sept 2007 failed VR November 2008 2nd failed VR April 2009 failed TESA 4% motility with none to use after freeze. DH massive infection post-op two rounds of antibiotics. Set for first IVF cycle with fresh TESA and Donor back-up; ER July 13

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-06-2008
Wed, 10-05-2011 - 1:07pm
Are they testing any aspirated sperm? They should go right to the source? I'm not sure how it is there but as soon as my DH had zero azoo we went directly to PESA and then finally to TESA. Maybe your DH won't be up for it but the aspirested sperm was just done with a local.

If you do decide to use DS then the IUI option is available (17-20%) with injectables. I think it's a lower percentage with natural.

GL with your decision. It's a big decision with no definate answers. If I can answer any questions for you ask away.

Shel
Me 34 DH 50 Sept 2007 failed VR November 2008 2nd failed VR April 2009 failed TESA 4% motility with none to use after freeze. DH massive infection post-op two rounds of antibiotics. Set for first IVF cycle with fresh TESA and Donor back-up; ER July 13
iVillage Member
Registered: 08-04-2008
Wed, 10-05-2011 - 1:27pm
Shel-DH didn't mention exactly what the tests involved but he may have mentioned that bc DH was extremely mad and saying how he was tired of being a guine pig etc. Said he didnt want any more tests. I know originally when he got his first 0 result he did not want surgery and would rather do DS over surgery so we were really happy when his second SA has sperm! :) Since his last SA was just a week or two ago and he had sperm then there is a good chance he may have sperm on the next one....he only waited 4 days this second time maybe he needs to go longer in between SAs than normal guys. I dont know....

Elizabeth (31) DH (36) TTC #1 since July 2008

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-28-2009
Wed, 10-05-2011 - 1:32pm

Elizabeth, your insurance covers IVF, right? Have you thought about maybe proceeding with IVF and getting the sperm you can from DH. Then maybe fertilizing 1/2 eggs with DH (if possible) and 1/2 with DS? I'm just thinking if your chances with IUI are only 20% with DS, might be best to do the IVF (particularly since insurance covers) as your chances with DS are somewhere around 70%. If DHs fertilized eggs take, awesome...if not, you have back up. Just a thought, I know it's a difficult decision for you guys.

-Jamie

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-04-2008
Wed, 10-05-2011 - 2:19pm
Thanks Jamie! Yes our insurance covers 80% after deductibles are met (which DH's is and mine is about half covered). Which is another concern with pushing it back because that means it will be another 2k out of pocket b4 coverage next year.

Meanwhile I have a call into my clinic for a nurse to call me back so i can see what she suggests. I hope a nice nurse calls me half the time I get someone really sweet and nice and the other half I get someone really rude who is just like 'u need to order your medicine NOW!!!' and will probably give me a hard time because its not officially ordered yet.

Elizabeth (31) DH (36) TTC #1 since July 2008

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-04-2008
Wed, 10-05-2011 - 8:07pm

**UPDATE: I heard from the nurse. DH will have one more SA on Tuesday before our Tuesday appointment. If he has sperm we are proceeding. If he has none my cycle is postponed. They told me to not worry about the medications for now. IF we do Donor Sperm even as backup we have to go through counseling which would push us back to the next uptime which is next year. I am praying he has sperm next Tuesday. Yes I know odd prayer. I was really upset earlier and crying but I'm doing a bit better now. Thanks for the thoughts. I'm still open to suggestions. Oh and they require some frozen banked sperm no matter what the guy's sperm count is before starting IVF.

Elizabeth (31) DH (36) TTC #1 since July 2008

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-06-2008
Wed, 10-05-2011 - 8:58pm
I'll pray for you too! I am so sorry for all the stress your going through. Hopefully everything will fall in place soon and you'll be on your way to getting pregnant.
Me 34 DH 50 Sept 2007 failed VR November 2008 2nd failed VR April 2009 failed TESA 4% motility with none to use after freeze. DH massive infection post-op two rounds of antibiotics. Set for first IVF cycle with fresh TESA and Donor back-up; ER July 13
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-05-2006
Thu, 10-06-2011 - 10:58am

Elizabeth: I am sorry that things are so up in the air for you right now. I really hope your DH has swimmers they can freeze on Tuesday. Why would you have to wait until next year? You mentioned uptime. Do they not do IVF every month? I think you mentioned it before but I forgot.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 08-04-2008
Thu, 10-06-2011 - 11:35am
OMG Hope has just been reinstilled. The nurse I cried to on the phone yesterday called me. She said she contacted the health psychologist who just happens to have an opening at 10am next TUESDAY!!! The same day as my appt!

So she said she'd try to get me that appointment so we could do donor sperm backup! If she can't get me that appointment its over 2 weeks out so that would be too late.

So DH would need to do a SA at 8 or 9am then the health psychologist then lunch (lol) then at 1pm we would find out what DH's results are and even if he has sperm do we want to have donor backup. I asked her about doing 50% DH's sperm and 50% DS but she said she didnt know if they could do that and I would need to talk to the doctor.

So hope has been restored. DH will do 'whatever makes me happy' but would prefer his own sperm. He told me last night in attempt to make me feel better (though it did the opposite) that if he didn't have sperm Tuesday maybe God meant us NOT to have kids. Can we say way to make me feel worse??!
Anyway hopefully he will see this bit of luck as a sign to move forward with DS backup. :)

Christy - They do 6 weeks uptime when they do stims and transfers and 4 weeks downtime. This next 6 weeks is Oct 31st - Dec 6 so that's the last uptime of the year.

Elizabeth (31) DH (36) TTC #1 since July 2008

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-05-2006
Thu, 10-06-2011 - 12:35pm

Elizabeth: They stars might be aligning for you. I hope you get that appt. :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-06-2008
Thu, 10-06-2011 - 12:56pm
Elizabeth: awesome! Let us know how it goes!
Me 34 DH 50 Sept 2007 failed VR November 2008 2nd failed VR April 2009 failed TESA 4% motility with none to use after freeze. DH massive infection post-op two rounds of antibiotics. Set for first IVF cycle with fresh TESA and Donor back-up; ER July 13

Pages