Help, newbie!!!

iVillage Member
Help, newbie!!!
Sun, 08-15-2010 - 2:41pm
Hi everyone!!!
Ok, here goes.... I have five children aged between 6 and 12 years with my ex husband. Always been very fertile. I decided, after alot of pressure from my ex to be sterilised after the birth of my last. Unfortunately we have divorced since and I have been with my new partner for 2 years, he has no children and we would desperately love to have a child together. I am 33 yrs old and my partner is 34 yrs old.
I have been advised to go straight ahead with IVF, and not think about having a reversal.
I would like to know everything that will help me in the months to come. We will probably going ahead with the ivf in the next few months. I want to get myself as fit and healthy as possible before hand....
All advice will be greatfully appreciated!!
Thanks!
Ali
Me 33, DP 34.
He's perfect!! Me tubes tied after last baby.
I have five gorgeous children from my previous marriage. Three boys 12, 11 and 10yrs and two girls 8 and 6 yrs.
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-21-2010 - 10:29am

Thank you so much for your lovely replies!!!!
Ok, so this is where I am at a few days since the last post. I went and saw my new doctor, she was fab and gave me the name of a really great clinic.
I have my first appointment booked for the 23 Sept!! I Have pretty much stopped smoking, I am eating better, drinking lots of water, drinking herbal tea and doing some exercise... I am apparently slightly under weight so I am taking spiruline and multi vits!!!

I feel happy to be going down this route and to have you all there too.

I have a feeling that its going to be a bit of a roller coaster!!

Love Ali

Me 33, DP 34.
He's perfect!! Me tubes tied after last baby.
I have five gorgeous children from my previous marriage. Three boys 12, 11 and 10yrs and two girls 8 and 6 yrs.
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-20-2010 - 12:44pm

Welcome to the world of IVF!

I definitely suggest working out. Look up your BMI and make sure that you are within the normal range. Acupuncture is very relaxing but stay away from the herbs that they may try to give you. Most RE's do not want you on the herbs. Try to find a way to relax like yoga because you will need it because it can be a stressful time. When you are going through the process don't compare your numbers or your reaction to the meds to others, because that can easily drive you crazy! This board is AMAZING, and you will find so much support here.

Best of Luck to you!!!

Keesha

Proud mom of Trevor and loving wife to Luke

Me (32)
DH (28)
Laparascopy 11/27 found endometriosis and scarred, blocked fallopian tubes
Laparascopy 7/18 removed fallopian tubes and polyp from uterus
TTC #2 through IVF #1 in Oct/Nov
DS conceived naturally in middle 20's Started Lupron 11/5/08 10 units AF won't show up...Why? Cuz of Big Ole' Cyst! Cyst GONE! Started stims 11/29 ER 12/11 ET 12/13 :^( Out of 9 eggs 2 fertilized normally

Keesha

Proud mom of Trevor and loving wife to Luke

Me (32)
DH (28)
Laparascopy 11/27 found endometriosis and scarred, blocked

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 4:32pm
Hi Ali, welcome to the board!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 1:06pm

Hi,

I am not sure what is involved in a reversal, I'm assuming you are speaking of a Tubal Reversal?

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-15-2010 - 4:02pm

Hi, Ali. Congratulations on your decision to do IVF. I think it's great that you're already thinking about getting your body healthy for the procedure. I tried to do the same thing for myself. Now that I'm in a cycle, I'm still swimming, walking, doing the elliptical, etc. I would suggest trying acupuncture, if you're open to it. I think it can be an important step in preparing your body for what is to come. It can be very relaxing, too. My other advice would be to make sure you find a clinic where you are comfortable and don't be afraid to go to a few places before you decide on the right one for you. I was lucky in being recommended a good doc from the beginning, but it seems like clinics and doctors can really vary.

Good luck to you!

:) Lynn