HPT Negative still a chance?

iVillage Member
HPT Negative still a chance?
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 6:52pm
I am 9 days post ET (day 2 transfer) and I go for my blood test 8/13.  Has anyone heard of someone still getting a positive blood test at this point?   I am not even sure what my HCG level would be at this point if I was pregnant....is it enough to register on an HPT?    This is our second cycle the first one took but we miscarried.
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 7:18pm

Today I am 9 days past 5 day transfer and I also took an hpt and was negative.

In your case, I think you still have a few days because it was an early transfer. It sounds like you may have tested to early. I read 14 days past egg retrival which is actually 14 days past ovulation is a good time to test to get an accurate reading. If you did a 2 day transfer than you ER was about the 30th. So maybe test gain on Friday morning. Be sure to use FMU and an early reslts pregnancy test.

I found this website as I was going crazy over my negative result, it gives all the information you would ever want to know on Pg tests http://www.peeonastick.com/

I hope you get a BFP Good Luck!

IVF#1 March 2010 GonalF, Cetrotide, Menopur.
23 follicles 19 eggs 13 mature 7 fertilized 2 blasts none to freeze. No Pregnancy.
IVF#2 July 2010 Lupron Gonal F Menopur
IVF#1 March 2010 GonalF, Cetrotide, Menopur.
23 follicles 19 eggs 13 mature 7 fertilized 2 blasts none to freeze. No Pregnancy.
IVF#2 July 2010 Lupron Gonal F Menopur