Need help with timeline for retrival..m
Find a Conversation
|Sat, 03-29-2003 - 7:08am|
Today is day 14 of BCP's for me. I start Lupron tomorrow. I was told to take the pills until they are all gone. So that would be on April 5th (or day 21)...and to continue Lupron until told to stop.
I have my first ultrasound scheduled for April 19th, at 9:30am. I ASSUME and think I remember her saying it's to check to see if all is quiet. OK..this is about where all the confusion and guessing is coming in.
Do I then start stims if all IS quiet? Or am I still waiting for AF. I am a bit confused because I thought that you waited until AF showed up again after starting Lupron. I am due (without the Lupron delay) to start AF around April 12, 13 or 14 but was told the Lupron generally holds AF off a week so when would THAT make AF due. Do they consider a week SEVEN days or five working??? I am ASSUMING that I would be due with AF then around April 18th or 19th. I was TOLD to expect to be seen Easter weekend for monitoring. (Ultrasounds).
Again....confused. Does this mean I would be given stims the week of the 10th with the first ultrasound if they saw all was quiet...and then easter weekend they go in to see if I'm ready to retrieve? Because I am not due for AF until so late I think I have this ALL wrong.
Could someone look at a calender with my dates and try to help me figure out which week will MOST likely be my retrival and transfer week. I did read that if stims are begun on a Saturday you would return for monitoring and blood tests on the following Weds and Friday mornings. OR If starting stims on Sunday, would return on Thursday and Saturday mornings.
It tells me to call office on day 1 after starting AF (after being on Lupron) and if it sees that all is quiet I will be told to start stims. BUT if that's my April 10th ultrasound how can they do that BEFORE AF is due??? I am SO confused.
Thanks everyone.....and hope THIS one posts