No Period since 2005

iVillage Member
No Period since 2005
Wed, 08-31-2011 - 6:51pm

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-01-2011 - 11:43am

I greatly appreciate your replies! Greatly. It is great to hear that there are others out there (not that i wish anything on anyone or to have same experiences!) - it just calms me knowing im not alone.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-01-2011 - 8:52am

I hope you find the answers you are looking for, and I wish I could be of more help. Though I am no expert on ivf, I just wanted to tell you that your ivf center should not treat you like a factory. If that is the case, you need to find another one. Many girls on this board have had wonderful, personable, caring clinics (some have had not-so-great ones as well). But they are out there. My RE was amazing and kind. If I emailed him, he responsed in minutes via his iphone. He was personal and always on top of everything. I honestly believe it was more than just luck that it worked on my first time. He used his gift of both magic and science and just worked with my and DH's individual needs in order to make our miracle happen.

Anyhow, I did have a friend in high school whose mother only had her period once. She was told there would be no way she would ever get pregnant. Well, lo and behold, naturally, my friend came into the world.

About me: Sheri 35, DH 42, happily married 16 years, 3 furbabies TTC#1 since forever, MFI (complications from Type 1 Diabetes) December, February IUIs cancelled. One thing after another. March IVF stopped for uterine polyps (my turn to have something
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-31-2011 - 8:07pm

It is NOT as uncommon as you think to completly lose your period. I went on Birth Control at age 15 because My periods were VERY irregular, IF at all. By the time I turned 20, I stopped getting my period all together. This went on until I was 29 years old. NO PERIODS for 10 years! I personally, DID NOT miss having my period. NOT at all. I will say, that when I was 21 or 22...They tested my Thyroid and I ended up having Thyroid issues and put on Medicine..... I will ALWAYS have thyroid problems.

Magically, When I turned 29..... I started getting my periods again. And within a year they were QUITE regular! For the last 8 years....they have been like clockwork........ ALWAYS the same time each month. No pills, no meds, NOTHING.

Don;t be convinced that something is WRONG with you, this is common, and CAN happen. And just like it went away it could come back. Not sure why they put you thru IVF unless you really wanted children right now........ That is kind of odd.

Good Luck!