Sept. buddies (2010) how are you doing?

iVillage Member
Sept. buddies (2010) how are you doing?
Fri, 10-22-2010 - 10:33am

I haven't seen any recent post from any sept buddies and I was wondering how you all are doing. Those of you who got BFP's or BFN's what are up to now?

As for me- ivf feels like a dream to me, I still can't believe its done and I got a bfn, it feels like so long ago...I definitely have my sad moments but for the most part I am coping well. Someone once said that you should plan things to look forward to and it makes this journey easier, I totally agree. I am looking forward to Christmas I even started shopping, its my most fav. holiday.

Ttc was of my mind until my MIL told me that she is 80% sure that I will be preg either in Dec. or Jan. I was shocked but she was so sure, she is very superstitious. So now there is a hint of hope that she is right even though I know that my docts said there is a one on a million chance I could get preg. naturally. I hate having hope and then being disappointed af is supposed to come before christmas now if she comes I will be even more disappionted.

Anyways I hope you all are coping well.

Amanda

Me - (Amanda 27) My dh-- 26 We have been ttc # 1 for 3yrs 5mths My dh has severe oligospermia, Ivf with icsi is our only option. Ivf # 1--- failed Ivf # 2--- failed Ivf # 3-- hopefully in March 2013 at a new clinic!

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-22-2010 - 11:44am

Thanks Amanda for starting this thread - I was going to post in the old one but I know some people have been having trouble getting to the posts since the IVillage change.

I sure hope your MIL is right!

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-22-2010 - 4:31pm

I am glad you posted this because I agree it's tough to find things with the new format and honestly my current board has no activity so I'm feeling all alone in my 2ww. I miss my September buddies...you gals are the best!

AFM - we had our transfer 10/15 and transferred our last two frozen embryos. The embryologist said they were perfect and one had hatched and the other was starting to so they hopefully implanted right away in my uterus. I have been taking it easy but not as much as that first weekend. I am nauseous (sp?) all the time but it could be any number of things like the Estrace or the PIO. I am tired too - I just went with my DH to walk the dogs and then started a load of laundry and you'd think I just ran a marathon. But that could be the meds too. I haven't had any cramping which I did have with both the prior transfers but one was a BFP (ended in m/c) and one was BFN so no cramping could be either way. :) I am just trying to stay positive for my blood test on Monday. I am going to be a wreck. I think Mandy said it best that I wish I could just keep coasting thinking I'm pregnant and not have to face the actuality of it. :)

I hope everyone is doing well. I have no idea what I'll do if this didn't work - I guess move on to adoption. I am just physically and emotionally tired of fertility treatment though.

Carolyn

Too many IUI’s, IVF’s and failed attempts to count.

TTC #1 since 2005
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-22-2010 - 11:00pm

HI Amanda, Mandy and Carolyn,

Amanda, thanks for starting this, I couldn't find any of the recent posts on Sept Buddies also, so this was good that you started this.

Chris

Me, 38, dh, 35

3 IUI's - BFN

IVF #1 - Jan '08 - BFP - beautiful baby boy born 10/10/08

IVF cycle #2 - TTC

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-23-2010 - 7:14am

Chris,

I am SO sorry you are having to deal with this. It is a little bit like what I dealt with last December. We did our fresh IVF and got pregnant only our numbers never went up from the first beta but they never went down either. The RE did 3 different blood tests (all this while out of town because it was Christmas and we were in Disney World) and it never moved. They gave me the Methotrexate shot (is that what they told you?) to help eliminate the pregnancy but when I returned for my follow up blood work the numbers had gone up instead of down so they gave me another shot of the Methotrexate and still no change. Finally they told us we would have to go in for surgery because they couldn't find the pregnancy and were perplexed as to why the numbers didn't go down -apparently some people do not respond to Methotrexate and I am one of them. Lucky me -ha! So we went in for surgery not knowing if they would have to remove my tube or what but turns out it was just the D&C and there was no pregnancy in the tubes. After the procedure I had to wait about 3.5 weeks for a bleed and to heal but looking back on it I wish I had just gone in for the D&C to begin with because the shots drew it all out for weeks. We got the BFP mid Dec and the D&C was Jan 24. We were able to start again with our frozen embryos in March. I took that time to not think about fertility but just take care of myself to prepare for another cycle. So I think you have made a good decision and one that should help things move along nicely without the frustration of waiting for nature or prescription meds. Good luck with the D&C and take care of yourself. Something the nurse told me that helped - is that YOU didn't do anything wrong so be kind to yourself.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers next week and the weeks to come.

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-23-2010 - 7:55pm

Ladies,

It's nice to connect with all of you...I too can't figure out this new format. Chris - I am so sorry for your news:( I hope things work out well with you. I am happy & excited for everyone with BFP's and those that are yet to come. Everything is going smoothly-so far so good and I have my 2nd us on Tuesday. I am praying that everything is still going strong. I feel good - just tired and alitte morning sickness. I have my fingers crossed for everyone!!!

Me - 43 - Low ovarian reseve due to age

DH - 55 - Perfect

5/2010 - 1st IVF - Only 4 Eggs none fertilized

8/26/10 started stim

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-24-2010 - 12:10pm
I'm glad to hear everything worked out well for you mandy and congrats on moving on to a OB. Keep us posted on all your milestones.
Amanda

Me - (Amanda 27) My dh-- 26 We have been ttc # 1 for 3yrs 5mths My dh has severe oligospermia, Ivf with icsi is our only option. Ivf # 1--- failed Ivf # 2--- failed Ivf # 3-- hopefully in March 2013 at a new clinic!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-24-2010 - 12:14pm
Hey Carolyn, The tww is definitely hard, we read into every single symptom like feeling and drive ourselves crazy. I hope that this cycle is it and you get your BFP...Hnag in there.

Amanda

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-24-2010 - 12:27pm
Oh Chris, I was wondering about you all along and I am so so sad to see this post. I'm not sure what to say except that I hope you get through this tough time as best you could. Don't even worry about the waiting it seems long but it will be here before you know it. I wish you all the luck and baby dust for your cycle in January. Keep us posted on what happens next, we all here for you.

Amanda

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-24-2010 - 12:30pm
Hey there hopefulmommy2010. I think your name is Renee forgive me if it isn't. I'm glad to hear everything is going well with you and Good luck at your next app on Tuesday.
Amanda

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-24-2010 - 1:30pm

I just had a message from the clinic that they were expecting me today for my blood test. When I got the message they had already left the office of course but I cannot believe I could have gone in today and would now know. I think I am better off knowing tomorrow and enjoying this last day of ignorant bliss. :)

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005

Pages