Hello, Ladies...been a while...update(m)

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-29-2003
Hello, Ladies...been a while...update(m)
3
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 5:54pm
Well, let's see if I can get this posted before my PC blows up. I had just finished writing an update last week when my PC seized up and I lost it...so frustrating. Anyway, I have been trying to keep up on everyone from work.

As for me, I *might* be back in the game again. I just finished my clomid challenge test which showed very good ovarian reserve once again. I also had a repeat HSG to make sure my tubes are clear after my ectopic in January and that looked good as well. So the RE is once again optimistic about my chances. I don't quite know why after 6 losses but he is.

So that leaves me with 2 choices if I want to continue. RE suggests IVF which will by pass the tubes (still suspect of scarring around tubes because of the ectopic). He thinks this is my best bet because then he can see the quality of the embryos. Of course, we have already had 2 IVF cycles with beautiful embryos that ended with chemical pg's so I don't kow that this is the answer for me. I just still feel like something else is amiss here and spending $10,000 isn't going to solve it.

The other option is IUI again. We know I can get pg that way but RE recommends having a laproscope to make sure there is no scar tissue prior to that. I told him I had had four already and nothing was found. He said the ectopic could have changed something. I don't mind laproscopies at all and tolerate them very well but again, I don't think he will find anything.

So I have a consult with RE on the 9th to discuss all possible treatments. I do not think I will pursue anything unless he can offer something that is different that what we have done. He has mentioned a variety of things from HCG boosters to antibiotics but I have not discussed them at length.

I am having a very difficult time determining if I want to continue at all. Sometimes I just want to get on with my life and other times, I REALLY want another baby.

Well, that's it for me....

Dawn

ttc#2, 6 yrs

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-26-2003
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 12:42pm
Dawn, thanks for the great update. Sounds like you have a lot to discuss with RE on the 9th. And so many options as well. Keep us posted on what you decide to do. I know how you feel about craving another baby but at the same time, when can you just move forward with your life. Such a difficult decision.....please know that you are in my thoughts as you find the path that is right for your family Hugs Julie
Avatar for allyson03
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-26-2003
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 11:18am
Dawn,

Thanks for letting us know how things are going for you. I agree with Sara that it sounds somewhat encouraging and I can see how you would want to still consider options. With IF, as long as there is any flicker of hope, it is hard not to continue trying. I can also see why you would feel somewhat guarded after all you have been through.

I wish you much strength and guidance for your upcoming appt. and any decisions you may have to make,

Hugs,

Allyson

Avatar for wi_valentine
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-26-2003
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 10:51am
Dawn,

Thanks so much for updating us! All of your stats are so encouraging, it must be hard for you to resist the temptation to just jump back in the game with both feet. You are smart to weigh your options and look for new solutions. I wish you all the best with your upcoming appointment and I hope God helps you find the answers you need.

Sara