New Baby and Mommy Updates 6/9-6/15

iVillage Member
New Baby and Mommy Updates 6/9-6/15
Mon, 06-09-2008 - 9:18am
How are you doing?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2008 - 10:20pm

The update...Rachel and I are doing wonderfully! She's such a sweet and mellow baby! She's a champion eater and sleeper! Last Friday at the doc, she was 8lbs 15 oz (she was 8lbs 11 oz at birth, 8lbs 1 oz when we left the hospital) I'm pumping and giving her my milk in bottles (did the same thing with DD #1) Neither of my darling girls like to latch on to my flat little nipples...SIGH! I'm ok with that though, since I love to know how much she's getting! She's eating about 3-4 oz a time about 3-4 hours apart during the day. The really exciting news is that for the last three nights, she has slept for 6 hours before wanting to feed again! I'm so excited! She'll eat and then go right back to sleep for 3-4 more hours! Of course I'm still up and pumping before she's ready to eat, but I'm getting much more sleep than I thought I would!

The only bump in the road has been her little belly button. The stump fell off on day 10, but she still had some bleeding. The doc said that there was one tiny area that hadn't closed off. she cauterized it with silver nitrate on Friday, but it's still oozing and bleeding off and on. It looks really gross too because it's all gray from the silver. I took her back in today to have it checked again and they said that it looks ok and to just keep it clean and dry. Blech...it is NOT an attractive sight right now!

The great news...I took a deep breath and weighed myself this morning. I gained 21 pounds with this pg...and as of this morning, I only have 3 left to lose! I can't believe it! This is totally unlike me! I've battled my weight all of my life and I was significantly overweight before I got pg, so I have a ways to go to get to my ultimate goal, but only 3 weeks out and I've almost lost all of the baby weight? I'm stunned! I feel like one of those celebrity Moms who leave the hospital in her size zero jeans...well...maybe not QUITE like that, but you get the idea. :)

I'm sending you all positive vibes and praying that you get your miracles soon!

Jen

I'll post some pics soon!

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2008 - 10:33pm
Hi Jen!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-12-2008 - 8:59pm

Hello ladies-

Sorry I've been so MIA.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2008 - 10:10am