CD1--10/17 cycle buddies out there??

iVillage Member
CD1--10/17 cycle buddies out there??
Sat, 10-17-2009 - 2:14pm

Hi everyone! My name is Tiffany, and I'm new to this board. This is my second cycle off BCPs, and AF is here, so I'm at CD1. I'm 29, DH is 29, and tentatively TTC #1:) I've been lurking a bit, trying to pick up the lingo:). The only good thing about AF being here today is that I now know that I have a 28 day cycle. I'm pretty sure I O'd around CD14 last cycle, but I wasn't charting or anything, so I'm not sure. I'm hoping to chart this cycle.

Anybody out there need a cycle buddy? I'm new at this, so I'm sure I'll have lots if questions!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-17-2009 - 2:36pm
Hi,

Welcome to this site. I also got my AF today (bummer) but the only thing is I have long cycles,my last one I O on CD24.

Cheryl.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/29da78
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-18-2009 - 10:22am
Hi! I started yesterday too after waiting for it for almost 3 months. We decided we were going to ttc in August. My cycles are usually 33-36 days. Been waiting forever for this one. Hoping I'll get back to normal this month. Good luck to all of us this month!
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-18-2009 - 4:07pm

Hey All:

I was hoping that I was done with TTC (we've been trying since Jan for #2). I was three days late and had a very faint BFP this morning, but I'd been spotting (nasty clotty spotting - yuck) for almost a week, so I wasn't hopeful. Sure enough, AF arrived with a bang (and killer cramps) this afternoon. So, it looks like I can at least GET pregnant, (which I knew since was conceived DD in 2006 with almost NO effort) but I seem to have trouble staying pregnant.

On to cycle 10. Hopefully I'll O this cycle normally and we can start again.

Good luck to everyone,
Sara

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-18-2009 - 5:53pm

This is my first AF off BCPs in a long time, and I'd forgotten how different it is!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 7:45am
Hi Tiffany.

I got all my stuff from ebay.

Cheryl x
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/29da78
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 3:13pm

Hi Tiffany!

My name is Kristen. I'm on my second cycle off BCP after 11 years and AF started 10/18. My first cycle off BCP was 34 days, so I'm not sure when I'll O this cycle. I turned 28 last week and DH is 28. We are ttc #1.

I just bought a basal thermometer and a box of Answer Ovulation Strips (20 for ~$17) at Walmart last night. This is my first time temping and using OPKs, but I figured I'd give it a whirl. A good site to read is www.peeonastick.com for general info on pg tests and opks.

I feel your pain about AF off BCP! I totally forgot about the cramps and horrible breakouts. Ugh! It is worth it though...I hope.

I know there's a few other ladies on here, but I didn't catch everyone's name yet. I hope you are all doing well!

*Kristen*

Kristen

Pregna
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 12:15pm

Kristin--

It sounds like we are in very similar situations:)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 1:12pm

Tiffany -

Hey! I've heard about the EPO and cough syrup/mucinex methods. When do you start taking them? I don't know a whole lot about those. It definitely looks like we're on similar paths right now. Hopefully this will be a good month! :)

Kristen

Pregna
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 2:16pm

Excuse the name horseroper - don't know what I was thinking way back when I started this... wish I could change it.

Anywho

I'm on the same cycle day as you gals. Went to the OB yesterday, and I'm on my first round of Clomid at 50 mgs. Didn't want to do it, but OB said I'm running out of time.

If you ladies have irregular cycles, I read something yesterday that will help about when to BD. Subtract 18 days from your shortest cycle and the number you get will be the CD you should start BD. Take the longest cycle and subtract 11 days from that number and the number you end up with will by the cycle day you can stop BD. If you want to that is... Hope that helps.

I have irregular cycles. 21-35. So OB told me we have to do the BD as soon as I take my last pill which will be on Friday and keep BDing for 2-3 days after I O - if I O that is. THAT IS 17 days straight of BDing. FUN FUN!

Anybody posting on blogger about their current TTCing? I have a page that I'm keeping up with what's going on and would like to have a blogger budy.

Also are any of you all a member of August Honeybees?

Here's what my ticker looks like with the irregular cycles I have...
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 9:34pm

Kristin,

I am taking 2000mg EPO from now until O. I read that you shouldn't take it after O--not sure why though.

Photobucket

Pages