Cycle buddy 3/10?
Tue, 03-10-2009 - 3:03pm

My AF started today.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-13-2009 - 3:58pm

hi sidney,
i'm new here too and i don't exactly know what cycle buddies do. but af showed for me today, so we're pretty close in our cycles. i have a 26-day cycle, so i'm guessing i'll O around the 23rd/24th. i'm 32 and we've been ttc since january -- so this will be cycle #4. we don't have any people babies yet, but four furry ones. :)

do you want to be cycle buddies?
brooke

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-13-2009 - 4:54pm

Hi Brooke!

We can be "we-don't-know-what-cycle-buddies-really-are" buddies!

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-13-2009 - 5:47pm

That sounds perfect to me.

So... How old are you, and how long have you been temping? I did it for awhile as a way to avoid pregnancy, but I haven't done it in over a year. I had a really unpleasant health year last year (ended up getting my gall bladder removed). We weren't on BC but we weren't having a super active sex life, either. We decided in January to start trying in earnest, and we just BDed around when I thought I was O'ing.

After two months of that, I decided to get a little more educated, so this month I went back to the BBT, I bought an OPK for the first time, and I started charting just at the end of last cycle. Although our BD timing was pretty great last month, AF still showed up today! I go between feeling discouraged, worried, and optimistic on a pretty regular basis -- usually all three in one day! I sure miss the days when I could go for days without even thinking about it -- now I realize that I'm thinking about it all the time. I mean, some days I'll be doing something and I'll realize "Wow, I haven't though about TTC for a whole hour!" LOL

That's why I decided to find a board for chatting. It's nice to talk to other people who understand what I'm feeling, and who are feeling it, to various degrees, too. My DH is great and excited and likes to talk about it, but, you know, he's a guy!

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-14-2009 - 11:21am

I'm 32 and hubby is 38 and I temped for the first time last month so that I could learn about it and get into the habit.

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-14-2009 - 5:37pm

It is really nice to have people to talk to about it. Up until last year, I didn't think I'd ever want kids so being at this stage is such a change for me! It's weird because once I decided that, yeah, it would be cool to have a baby, I got really obsessed with it really quickly. Like, before it was an okay idea, and now it's something I really want.

We've been making a lot of healthy changes in our lives in general and I'm excited about that. It doesn't seem like it's all in preparation for ttc, but sort of alongside it.

Ok... I'm going to try to think about other things for awhile. :)

Brooke

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-14-2009 - 6:51pm

How funny!

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-14-2009 - 7:10pm

That's an awesome coincidence. :) And, actually, I have a journal blog that I write to anonymously (I didn't share it with anyone of my friends or fam, and I don't put my name or town on it.) It has been therapeutic, too. I just started it about a week ago and have been writing about TTC a lot.

It took us a few months to go from "if" to "when." There's a lot more pressure now that we're serious about it! I hope the stress isn't making it harder for us, and I really hope we're meant to have a baby. I really, really do.

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-14-2009 - 9:41pm

When I registered with iVillage, I signed up under a different username than I use for everything else.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-17-2009 - 1:35pm

Hi Sidney,
How are you doing with everything? how's the not-obsessing going? i'm doing okay. Dh and I just decided today to give it until midsummer before we start worrying. loL... that will probably work for him...

I'm getting better about charting my temp at the same time everyday. AF just ended today so it's time to start paying attention, I guess.

i want to be hopeful and excited and joyful and all that --like DH says, if we get pg, everything's going to change, so we should try to appreciate what we have while it lasts. :) But it's really hard for me not to worry that something's wrong. i wonder why that is. reading other women's posts, I see that I'm not alone on this.

sorry about the cap situation in this email. I tend to type without them but I tried to remember to use them -- inconsistently.
:-P
Brooke

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-17-2009 - 4:17pm

Hi Brooke!

Things are pretty good here.

Pages