DS having surgery on 5/12 (m)

iVillage Member
DS having surgery on 5/12 (m)
Sun, 05-11-2003 - 8:51am
It is a simple procedure -- he will just be under for a few minutes to get something out of his ear (a very large wad of paper that he wedged in there with his own little hands, i might add, LOL), but I would still love any prayers or good thoughts you could send our way. The surgery is happening at 9:30 and should be over by 10:00 at the outside limit. Recovery lasts about an hour, they say, so I'm guessing we'll be home at 11:00 or by noon at the latest. I will update as soon as I can.

Please think of him! He is only 2.9 and wont understand what is going on. Poor little guy.

Thanks, in advance, from the bottom of my heart,

Jenny

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-11-2003 - 9:33am
Here are many prayers and postive thoughts coming for DS while he gets his fun while it lasted picked out of his ear- lol! He'll be just fine. I'm sure it's better that he's so young while they're doing the procedure..it'll be over before he knows it and that gas will knock him out fast so he won't be screaming in fear for too long. The good thing- he'll be hearing you just fine so all those no's and temper tantrums that wonderful 2 yr olds pull on us parents (LOL!!!) won't be quite so effective as they've been since he jammed that paper down there- hee, hee!

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))) LOLove, Connie

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-11-2003 - 9:41am
Jenny...I'll be thinking of your little guy tomorrow and saying some prayers for him. I had to LOL when I saw what he needs the surgery for. My DS is always getting into some type of trouble...putting stuff where it doesn't belong. As a mommy, I know how hard it is to watch them at the dr.'s. They get so scared. Hold his hand and know we are thinking of him.

(((HUGS)))

Nancy

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-11-2003 - 11:38am
Oh poor guy you are both in my thoughts, I am sure this will be hard on you too. Hugs, hugs, hugs

Allison

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-11-2003 - 12:14pm
Jenny, your little guy is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope it goes quickly for him. I'm sure once it's all over, he'll be glad to have that paper out!! ((((HUGS)))) to you!

Crystal

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-11-2003 - 12:46pm
Jenny,

My thought and prayers are with you and will also be tomorrow. I am positive it will all go well and it will be up and around trying it again soon!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 2:01am
Hi Jenny...

((((((((HUGS)))))))) Everything will be okay..... Little boys will be little boys... umm and so will little girls.... Don't tell your DS... but when I was eight a "big kid" showed us how to put a popcorn kernal in his ear and take it out... tomboy that I was thought I could too... I think his ear canals were bigger than mine.... LOL.... ER doc finally got it out with a bobby pin!!! At the time I thought I'd end up with a corn plant growing out of my head!!! LOL....

Take a deep breath and hold him tight.... You will both be in our prayers....

Chelle....

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-18-2003 - 3:33pm
Sorry i missed this! I'm sure everything went just fine. My son had tubes put in his ears when he was a little guy too... 1-something I think. He did great! You also made me chuckle a little thinking about when *I* had to go to the clinic to have a doctor remove something I shoved into my ear. I have NO idea what I was thinking. Hehe, who knows what on those kids' minds at times huh? My mom loves sharing that story with me, much to my displeasure.

-Robyn