I think I give up.

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2010
I think I give up.
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 12:48pm
My referral for an OB/GYN has gone through but there is a 6 month waiting list as he is the only specialist in town. Looks like IUI is no longer an option...
We have an appointment on feb 21 with dh's urologist who performed the VR so we will see if he can put him on anything (I've read that clomid can work on men). Please include us in your prayers, it's been a long 18 months and we agreed to give up at the 2yr mark. My prayers don't seem to get answers.
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2010
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 9:13pm

Thanks ladies.

Unfortunately adoption will not be an option for me, I want to be pregnant, and I want to be able to look at our baby and argue about who's eyes he or she has. I want a child that carries our genes and continues the family name. That might sound selfish but this is the most natural thing in the world. If we were trying for #2 then maybe I'd look into other options but the one thing I want more than anything else is to have my own flesh and blood. Something that we created. If I can't have that then I'd rather go without.

DH will be 40 next year which is why we said 2 yrs then quit. He doesn't want to be too old, not worried about the birth but when the child is 10yrs old he still wants to kick a ball around. He'd be 50 by the time the child is 10 and he doesn't feel too happy about that as it is.

I'm not sure where we go from here, maybe the urologist will have some ideas...

This is absolutely heartbreaking, to not be able to have the one thing you have dreamed about your whole life. Why me!!

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-20-2008
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 3:20pm
I'm sorry Sophie :(


Don't make a decision today. Making decisions on "bad news" days is never a good idea. Give it a little time. GL.

Mom to DS, July 2009
Expecting our little girl after three m/c - EDD 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-08-2011
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 2:52pm

You probably need a timeline to keep your sanity, but I'd push the timeline further. Try to get into the specialist.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-07-2004
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 2:18pm

big hugs to you!! i hope that you guys can get preggo soon...maybe instead of saying that we will quit after 2 years...maybe try to get in and see that specialist. after you have an appointment with him and you guys find out whatever, and theres nothing more you can try, maybe thats when you can stop trying to concieve...but dont rule out babies altogether-my cousin was a foster mom for 2 years and then adopted the lil boy she was raising. he came to her as a 2 month old infant and thats the only mommy he knows. there was another baby that was given up right at birth at the womens hospital in my city-the lil girl didnt even have a name. my cousin would have