Gracie..gracie1970....good afternoon (m)

iVillage Member
Gracie..gracie1970....good afternoon (m)
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 12:54pm
just catching up on the posts again as I only post when I'm at work- lol!! I saw your post back, thank you, looks like you'll be a Flower Bud or Snow Bunnie - go wherever tickles you best- lol!

Nat was right on Babymed.com having great info on cp and cm, but here's another site I found extrememly helpful too...and it's right to the cp/cm info, but sisterzeus.com has other great info pages on everything fertility too and you can even find great articles off the homepage to parentsplace.com... enough- here it is:

http://www.sisterzeus.com-cervob.htm

I just started learning about cp & cm when I started charting too, so I'm still kinda new at it and have a hard time telling if it's low or medium and how firm it is, but I definitely know when I can't quite touch it it's high and around o I usually can feel when it's slightly open and soft (oh, you just check it by inserting one or two clean fingers into your vagina and feeling upward. When af is around or just leaving you'll usually notice it is really easy to find- it kinda feels like you've got a hard fingerlike protusion cervix, then as o approaches it softens, opens up where you'll feel a slight hole or slit in it and moves higher. Just be careful with your fingernails, hee hee). It takes practice, but you'll soon get the hang of it. I think the most important thing about watching your cp and cm is to do it about the same time of the day every day. Your cp and cm can change throughout the day, so if you do it at 8 am one day and then 2 pm the next you may find your body signals very confusing. And always mark your most "fertile" quality cm of the day...so in the morning it may seem creamy but around noon you notice it's getting watery...go back into your chart that day or the next and make sure you change it. I think EW (egg white) is considered the most fertile, then watery, then creamy, then sticky... but you'll definitely see a pattern as you go through your cycle. If you haven't tried charting online (I think you're charting-yes?!) then I'd highly recommend it...I like not having to draw my own coverline, etc...kinda the lazy woman approach- lol!! Give a holler if you need any help getting a chart started and/or if you need some help trying to figure out how to set up a homepage so you can post it here. Almost all of the women here are charting so we'll be happy to help! Again I hope you find you won't be here too long.... you've got some BD to attend to right now! GL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) Have a wonderful day!! LOLove, Connie

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 6:19pm
Hey Connie,

You are truly wonderful! I just got home after spending 2 hours in bumper-to-bumper traffic and a hail of freezing rain - didn't think I had a smile in me, but your post definitely did it! Thank you!

I printed off the guide to charting on the fertility site last night and gave it a read. I have to tell you that never in my wildest dreams did I think that a close inspection of my cervix would be a part of my daily babymaking routine (LOL)!

Thanks for letting me know what group I should be a part of - much appreciated!

Once we make it through this intense BD phase, I am definitely going to start charting. I may take you up on your kind offer of help in getting started!

That said, I must go try and seduce my DH! Nothing like an evening spent with your behind propped up on a pillow!

Thanks again for all of your help, Connie. You made my day!

much love,

Gracie