"New" I need an opinion

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-31-2003
"New" I need an opinion
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 8:24am
Hi- this is the first time that I have posted. i'm 26 and my DH is 36. i first starting see my OB-GYN in January of 2000 regarding stopping the pill and TTC. When i first went off the Pill my periods were irregular and still are to this day since January of 2000, I haven't had a single period that has not been induced with Hormones, which by the way I am Alergic to. I have been on Clomid for two cycles now the first was in Jan 2003, then not again until just this week I just finnished my last day. Now here is my problem thru all of this my OB-Gyn has not ordered a single test except a SA for DH (okay) nothing not even Blood work. I saw my Primary care Dr. last month and he sent me for an ultrasound, it showed nothing but that's as far as insurance will allow him to go. So how am i suppose to get my OB-GYN to do something? Or should i just start looking for a new one. But i don't want to have to start all over again.

If any one can give advise I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Avatar for robynanne
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2003
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 9:28am
I would look for a new doctor. You could push and push and this one might do something, but you want someone you can trust and you know will do everything they can to help you without YOU pushing them into it.

This is a long time to have been doing nothing about not having regular cycles. SA doesn't even have anything to do with that. I don't have experience with what tests they'd do for you... but I KNOW there are things they should be doing.

Good luck!