Update...if you're interested...
Find a Conversation
|Thu, 04-10-2003 - 2:35pm|
My dr appointment was as expected and took me for a bit on a ride. The dr says I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) which I kinda suspected. The acid reflux medicine I did for the past two weeks really didn't work, so now she wants to do an upper GI endoscopy to check everything out, especially since I had my gall bladder out 2 years ago. Fine...I can deal with that. What took me for a loop was that she too thinks that I may have chronic fatigue/pain syndrome and/or Fibromyalgia..which is a disease that may be better some times, worse others, but definitely often leads to depression....she already wants to start me on antipressants....and I won't be able to even ttc if I do go that route. She promised if DH and I make that decision that she only wants to do them for 3 to 6 months and see where I'm at, and if I'm better then we'll stop and I can ttc again. Of course I do not want to be on hold anymore...but DH wants me better, and the reality is I may never feel like I did 5 months ago, I may be in pain for the rest of my life, somedays may be better- others worse..it's all a crap shoot with these types of diseases. So I've got now, four different types of medications to help me with the pain and IBS...but I need to call back for the antidepressant. Sounds like I'm really on hold for ttc after a call to DH. His concerns are that if I'm always feeling yucky then do I really want to have another baby and will I be a good mom for that next child too. I can handle DS right now in my condition, it's hard somedays, but I'm definitely not totally a bad mom....is having another baby worth the stress, pain, and possible depression...who knows, but at least I know we'll give these antidepressants a shot- maybe they'll be the best thing to happen. Love you all! Connie