Should O Around 8/20

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Should O Around 8/20
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 10:44pm
Had my hsg done today. Glad that is over. Now I'm waiting for the doc to call and give me the full results. I did get to watch the test confirm both tubes were open, or at least now they are :smileyhappy:

I'll start opks tomorrow. I took soy iso cd 2-6 this cycle so hoping to o by the 20th/15dpo. Today is cd10.

Anyone with me? Lola? Crickett?

Hope everyone is well!!

Brooke
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 8:28am

Hi Brooke! As usual, I'm here with you, LOL! I should O around 8/19, CD 16. Glad your hsg looked good! That's good news. I have read that getting pregnant after the hsg is pretty common. Didn't work for me, but hopefully it will for you!

Talk to you soon!

Kristin

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 9:45am
Hey Brooke!! So good to see that your HSG went good and that you confirmed that both tubes are open. Now I have heard that it helps your chances to conceive by cleaning everything out. A friend of mine got pregnant the very cycle she had her HSG, and that was after a long time of trying. Here's hoping this leads to your BFP!!

AFM, we decided to take this cycle off from my meds/monitoring b/c we are going on vacation this next week and the timing didn't work out for me to be able to go. What this means for me is, I have NO idea when I will O now. My cycles are all over the place, and without the meds/trigger I am constantly wondering around when I will O. So I am doing the OPKs for as much guidance as I can. I usually have really long cycles w/o the help of meds, so I am just hoping I can O at a reasonable time!! Before I had my DS, I would O @ CD 18-23, so I am hoping it will be like that this time. However, that will land while we are on vacation, which is not great since we are staying there with my entire family and with my DS in the room :smileysad:. But, if we have to take this cycle completely off then that is just what is meant to be I guess. Sorry for the novel, Brooke!! I just wanted to let you know I am here, checking in on you, and might be here for a while in the Waiting to O section. Either way, so happy to be cycle buddies with you this time!!! :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 2:31pm
Im with you!! Thats great that your hsg turned out good!! When will they call you with the full results??

I think I should O between the 18th-20th which is perfect since its the weekend. We'll have plenty of time to BD. Good timing along with fertilaid, hoping will do the trick.

Fingers crossed for all of us!!!!

pillow.jpg love long distance image by karlifiles

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 10:20am
Brooke, I agree, we have been trying to BD as much as possible this week. We leave on Sunday and are headed to Florida for a week @ the beach. I am *hoping* I can talk my DH into BD while we are there, but he gets totally freaked out by it if our son is in the room. So I may just have to do the best we can before we go. But I will definitely be trying to talk him into it so that we don't have to skip this cycle, LOL. Either way I am looking forward to a vacation and relaxing and maybe that's just what my body needs this cycle? Have you had any pain from your hsg? I am wondering b/c I know it's right up the road for me if we don't get pregnant soon.

Beautiful- hi and welcome! Glad to have buddies to go through this process with for sure!! And I always love it when O time falls on a weekend, it takes away the stress completely!! :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 10:34pm

Hey! I had the hsg on Valentine's Day this year. I was told there would be some discomfort, but I found it pretty darn painful, actually!

I have been using my OPKs and have not yet gotten a  + and today is cd 15. I did however, just get a call from a close friend who has been ttc for 3 months and she is 8 weeks pg. I tried to so hard to be excited but I've just felt a little down since I got the call this afternoon. It's not that I'm not happy for her but it gets a little frustrating when friend after friend calls to tell me the news.

Good night!

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 8:34pm

Brooke--I'm glad the soy is working!!  Now go catch that egg :smileyhappy:  

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 10:14pm

Yeah for  a + OPK! So glad you finally got one! I took two today... :smileytongue: I had lines on both of them, but not as dark as the control line yet. So I will wait to test again tomorrow morning (CD 17)...

We have also been BDing all weekend, lol! Twice yesterday and once today, then we are planning to BD again tomorrow morning. Hope it works for all of us!

What is the soy thing you have been talking about? Is it used for ovulation?