Being nice to ourselves
Find a Conversation
|Sun, 11-21-2010 - 10:43am|
I think I'm finally getting to the point where I can do things just for me. I'm not the sort of person who usually prioritizes myself, but I'm finally realizing that when I'm happy, everyone around me is happier. I thought I'd start a thread about what we are all doing to be nice to ourselves.
1. I've started a new workout with my older sister. It's very casual walking outside, and even though it's getting cold it's so fun just to talk and walk. I've lost two pounds very slowly, which is my goal (to lost weight slowly. I tend to lost weight very fast and then gain it all back.)
2. I signed up for my local birth network and a new kind of NFP classes. I've made a few new friends.
3. I seriously cut back on how much volunteering I do at my niece's preschool because one of the teachers there was antagonizing me. (She has five children and she's constantly implying that I don't know what I'm doing and that I'll know when I have more children. It really pisses me off because I've been trying for seven months and suffered two miscarriages in that time to add to the one I had before my son and she doesn't know SH*T) Staying home during the school day has also allowed me to spend more time with my husband and sorry if it's TMI but the 'afternoon delight' is totally worth it. :)
4. I finally manned up and planned a regular date night with my husband. We're going to Harry Potter on Monday.(I'm a total nerd, but I love it!) I'm excited about the possibilities.
5. I'm cutting back on BF for my own sanity. DS has been really demanding and I was