QOTD 3/17

iVillage Member
QOTD 3/17
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 9:15am

Question of the day 3/17/11...

And sticking with the food theme ;) (af must me a knockin) what is your favorite sit down restaurant and what is your go-to dish that they serve? yum yum mmmm fffooooooddddddd....

Powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 9:19am
Well, again, my fav is down south, and so is my second and my third :(

#1 Sonny's - I totally LOVE the ribs. freakin yum!

#2 Brantley's - I LOVE their catfish!

#3 George and Louies - I LOVE their talapia, I used to order it fried but take off all the crust to make me feel like it was a little bit healthier ;)

My favorite up here... I don't know, probably Lucky's (it's a steakhouse) and I LOVE their ribeye!

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 10:28am

Torie, you are making me so freakin' hungry with these threads!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 1:52pm
What are ravs, never heard of it. My palette is intrigued ;)

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 1:59pm
Oh, I LOVE PF Chang's - their Singapore Street noodles are awesome, as are their lettuce wraps. If they weren't so darned expensive, that's where we would eat every time we went out to eat. :)
Photobucket Visit my Blog with
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 3:12pm

Torie, it's interesting that you would ask that question.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 6:14pm
OOOOHHHHH BOOOOOYYYYYY.... but there are SO MANY to choose from! LOL

Okay my #1 place to eat (right now, in this area) is Just a Taste. It is a wine & tapas bar, and the food is absolutely amazing. Even the "simpler" fare, for example russet potato wedges with a chipotle aioli, is killer. And the staff is so very knowledgeable and helpful when choosing wines. It's yummy (and decently good for you) food, and it's an educational experience at the same time.

After that I like a place called Stella's Barn. OMG.... they bring out this SINFULLY delicious corn bread before the meal and the salads rock. Plus it's the only place here besides Chili's where I can get a country fried steak just as good as they make in Texas.

Finally, there is a place here called Thai Cuisine on the Ithaca Commons. They have the most unbelievably good pineapple fried rice you could ever imagine: pineapple, raisins, cashews, chicken and sausage (it actually has prawns in it too, but I'm allergic to shellfish so they make it without for me). AAAAHHHHHH!!! It's sooooo goood! (and lucky me, they just opened a smaller version of it at the mall where I work, so I get pineapple fried rice a couple times week (without the meat though).

But honestly, I have favorite restaurants all over the US from my many travels. These are just the ones I get to go to regularly. :)

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 7:29pm
omg Chili's country fried steak is freaking AWESOME
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 9:36pm
Mmm...a topic near to my heart (and stomach)!
We don't eat out that often but I love the steak chopped salad from Outback, Pad Thai from PeiWei, stuffed cabbage rolls and vege kibbi from MidEast Deli, and the Everything Salad from Logan's Roadhouse.
Chouli, 34; DH 45 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 10:19pm

Oooooo yummmmmmmm PF changs lettuce wraps sound so good!

I'm one of those annoying picky eaters that get the same things at every restaurant but favorites are

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 10:31pm
Haha Mindy, me too! It drives my DH absolutely NUTS! Okay, my first favorite would be The China Inn - chicken fried rice then Applebees cheddar bacon potato soup, yum yum!! then probably Red Lobster for their buscuits and tilapia (even though I don't care much for seafod, lol!)
Me: Amy Married to Dh since 2002 Mommy to Donovan, Quinten, Lainey, angel baby 02/11

Pages