QOTD 3/31

iVillage Member
QOTD 3/31
Thu, 03-31-2011 - 5:29am

Do you have an overall color scheme to your home decor? Or are rooms done individually? Describe!

Chouli, 34; DH 45 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
In reply to: chouli77
Thu, 03-31-2011 - 9:04am

***Not sure there's anything to "edit" as I pressed "submit" before I even typed a word. I think I'm tired. LOL!

Anyway, our house is not decorated in any sort of theme (unless you count children's chapter books scattered all over the place a theme, since that's how it looks in most of the rooms of my house). But, as for colors themselves, each room is painted individually. My kitchen, we have not redone and I would like to, but right now if I start, I want to do it all, and I don't have the money to redo everything, especially since I don't know what it looks like underneath some of the things. So, right now it's wallpaper with little flowers on it and yellow painted walls and hideous plastic tile (with copper color to it) on parts of all the walls. My living room, we painted a color called Yosemite Pine, but it's not really super dark. It's a really pretty color green. We have mostly medium colored wood furniture in there. Our bathroom is blue and white - always blue/white for my bathroom - I think that's the only room that has a "theme" where we're trying to capture the beach/water in there. :) Jar of shells, SANDalwood candles (LOL!), a lighthouse. Our bedroom is a beige color. And my DD's room is a purpley-pink color (again, decorated with the ever so fashionable "bookstore explosion" look).

I'm still needing to repaint my hallway, stairway, and upper bedroom - the hallway is a darker tan color, the stairway and upper bedroom are painted walls and ceiling this sickly greenish yellow. That is actually my next project. The hallway and stairway will be painted completely white (walls AND ceiling) and then the bedroom upstairs, I'm not entirely sure what color I want it yet. I need to get some swatches and decide what might look best with the carpet that is up there.

Photobucket Visit my Blog with
iVillage Member
In reply to: chouli77
Thu, 03-31-2011 - 10:26am
we have a super small place, my living room is a light beige, kitchen has 3 red walls and the wall it shares with the living room is the light beige. Our bedroom is dark grey, the bathroom is a bright yellow although I have plans to change it to a super light blue, and the other bedroom is a light brown, but I'm thinking of changing it to a darker brown.