QOTD 4/11

iVillage Member
QOTD 4/11
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 10:17am

Question of the day 4/11...

Do you get your nails done professionally? fingers? toes? both? do you do them yourself? do you just not bother?

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 10:19am
I don't get them done professionally - although I would LOVE to ;) I don't use fake nails though, so I don't see the point! I do paint them myself, although I have to admit that I haven't really painted them since last summer!

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 10:28am
Back when I used to work in an office I had them done regularly (I loved it!). But then I went back into the food industry for a while and couldn't have them done so I fell out of the habit. Now I just can't justify the expense, but I miss having them. :(

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 10:47am
Nope, I'm so rough on my nails. The one time I did get my fingernails professionally done, I had a scratch in one of them by the time I was half-way to my car and another 3 or 4 by the time the day was over and the wedding wasn't even until the next day.

I don't think I could manage to go get my toes done. I don't think I like the idea of putting my feet into a tub that other people's feet have been in. I watched the people at the place I got my fingernails done at and they did NOT clean those tubs well between uses. I'm not saying it's like that everywhere, but it just grossed me out. Plus, while I like foot rubs from my husband, I don't know that I would enjoy someone I don't know touching my feet.

I have done my own toenails, though, on occasion. I just have such a hard time keeping them looking nice because I'm a bare-foot girl in the summertime and my polish gets chipped easily. LOL! My fingernails, I've tried on a number of occasions to paint my nails and they end up just looking so awful because I use my nails for everything. I'm such a non-feminine girl. LOL!
Photobucket Visit my Blog with
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 12:07pm

Used to back in the day.. but tbh im lazy lol
Photobucket

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 12:24pm

I used to get my toes and fingers done professionally. However, when I first hurt my knee and we needed to cut back on things financially, that was one of the first things to go. Lately, I've been doing it myself.

It doesn't look as nice but I can't stand looking at my nails when they're plain. It's probably some psychological thing left over from all those years in Catholic school. We were only allowed to wear clear polish with our uniforms.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 12:33pm
Yep, I get both done professionally. My finger nails are a french manicure every two weeks LOL I don't ever deviate. My toes have some kind of super power where the polish lasts forever! LOL The polish grows off before it chips or fades off so I only go every other month or so.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 4:23pm
I used to get both done regularly with acrylic for my crappy nails. When we started IF treatment, the expense didn't seem worth it anymore. Given my druthers, I prefer natural looking with either no or pale color. But DH is really attracted to long red nails so I used to get them done that way. Since my PG almost a year ago, my nails are no longer crappy, but I suck at applying nail polish.
Chouli, 34; DH 45 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 5:45pm
lol Chelle - my toes have that magical power too ;) how funny!!!