QOTD 4/12

iVillage Member
QOTD 4/12
Tue, 04-12-2011 - 5:15am

What do you do for exercise? Do you go to the gym? Have a sports hobby? Walk with friends? Or chase small children around? Yoga? Zumba?

Chouli, 34; DH 45 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
In reply to: chouli77
Tue, 04-12-2011 - 8:24am
I was going to the gym 3 times and week and riding my bike at home 2 times a week. I kinda slowed down after the pg and then subsequent mc/chemical in January, but as of today I am back on the program and feeling excited about it.

On gym days, I do 5 min warmup on the bike, then 25 - 35 on the Eliptical and then 10 min on the threadmill. On home days I ride the bike for 50 - 60 min. I am going to increase my biking to daily in the evenings with the others and see if I can get the 7 lbs I've put back on (after losing 62 last year) since the m/c in January.

Today is day one back working out and I feel great!!!

Sherilyn
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/13cede
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-12-2011 - 9:27am
UGH! I need to figure out a routine for working out. I have a stationary bike here at home that I use on occasion, but I really need to figure out a schedule that works for me to get on it daily. I have printed out calendars, I've made commitments to myself to ride the bike daily. I'll stick with it for 2-3 days and then something comes up where I don't end up having time on a particular day and then the next week or so, I throw the towel in before making that commitment to myself again, which again lasts 2-3 days.

I would like to get a gym membership, but I don't feel like I can commit to getting to a gym frequently enough to make the cost worth the time if I can't even commit to making the time to go down to my basement to ride the bike. So, until I can get myself into a groove, I won't get a gym membership.

We have done some walking/outdoor play since the weather has been nice the last several days. Saturday, we went to the playground and played nerf baseball. Sunday was crappy weather, so we stayed in, but then yesterday, DD and I walked to the mechanic (she scootered, so I had to walk fast to keep up). Today, it's decent weather, so I think we may head to the zoo and walk around. So, I'm counting all that as exercise. :) I just need to do SOMETHING on a regular basis and have it get my heart rate up.
Photobucket Visit my Blog with
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-12-2011 - 10:51am
I use to work out 5-6 x week until my m/c one year ago. Since then with all the ttc and the cp in Aug I have gained about 10 lbs and haven't had consistency since. I recently started running again 2 miles 3x week but my old low back/hip injury is flaring up so I've been dealing with that for past 2 days. I do better working out outside either running or hiking although it is going to get hot soon so gets harder to do that. I have had gym memberships in past but always fiizzle with my going. I do better working out with trainer but I've been working on debt and have vowed not to spend money on gym, trainer, classes, etc. I have been a certified personal trainer on past and completed a plates instructor program so I have the knowledge just need to motivate myself. It just gets hard sometimes with all the ttc hormones. I felt much better while on bcp, lol.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-12-2011 - 5:24pm
well, I used to be part of a gym and I used to go 3 or 4 times a week. But I've been a bit depressed the past year or so :( so the extent of my "exercise" is getting up off the couch to walk down the hall to the bathroom and back. I know it's from being depressed - I don't feel like doing anything, and I don't care about anything.