iVillage Member
QOTD 4/22
Fri, 04-22-2011 - 5:36am

What are your weekend plans?

Chouli, 34; DH 45 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
In reply to: chouli77
Fri, 04-22-2011 - 7:17am
I have today off for Good Friday (our owners are Catholic - yay for them! :)) DD still has school though so that means a day of just DH and I. We are going grocery shopping and I would *like* to get to the laundry mat to wash my giant king size comforter. The stupid heffer won't fit in my washing machine and therefore doesn't get washed as much as it should.

Tomorrow, DD has an all day cheer camp and Sunday I would like to get out into the front yard, pull some weeds, scale down some of the perennials that have gotten way too big.

I like the idea of a raised garden - just saw something on TV about it but how do you keep animals (or critters and varmints as they are called here in the south LOL) from getting into your garden and eating your food?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-22-2011 - 9:18am
Well, if you count today as part of the weekend, DD and I are heading out to the planetarium in a little while as part of a homeschool field trip. The rest of the day will be getting some housework done (it's technically spring break here, but I'm ready to give DD some schoolwork to do because she's got a bad case of the "I'm bored's." This is all despite the fact that we've had a stupidly busy week with lots of things going on. We're also going to head out to church tonight for Good Friday.

Saturday, we'll be hanging out here at home. I'll need to do some last minute pick-up before Easter Sunday.

Easter Sunday, we'll head out to church, come home, and start preparing the ham and the roast that we're going to serve for dinner. My parents, one of my sisters, and my parents' exchange student are coming over for Easter dinner with us. We'll probably be doing an Easter egg hunt and probably watching a movie with them or something. Not entirely sure. If the weather is nice, maybe we'll all go out for a walk. :)

Michelle, as for the garden and keeping the animals/critters/varmints out, I know my dad puts up a bit of chicken wire to create a sort of fence to keep them out. I know that if we do something, I will be putting up some sort of fence because we have some particularly nasty rabbits that will destroy just about anything we plant. They killed our expensive shrubs a few winters ago and we had to dig them all up and chuck them out. They also have killed my lilies every year to the point that the lilies don't even bother coming up anymore. It's a shame because they were so pretty! The rabbits would wait until the lilies were almost to bloom, eat the leaves and then break the stems. It was SO irritating! I know some will put something down that keeps the animals away, but I guess I would prefer to use a fence of some sort. It's a little more permanent and won't wash away each time it rains. :)
Photobucket Visit my Blog with
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-22-2011 - 10:45am

Nothing much.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-22-2011 - 5:38pm
I'm not doing too much - no work today or monday YAY for a 4 day weekend! I have 2 assignments due Monday that I have yet to start, so I really should be doing homework, but you know how that goes!!