QOTweekend 3/19 & 3/20

iVillage Member
QOTweekend 3/19 & 3/20
Sat, 03-19-2011 - 11:03am

Question of the weekend!!

Do you have a big yard? or do you wish for a big yard?

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-19-2011 - 11:07am
well, we have 2 acres and it's nearly all yard - dh HATES mowing it! good thing his dad gave him a rider, or he'd be pushing that whole sucker lol

I think it's a pretty good sized yard, and I love it - it's perfect for us.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-19-2011 - 2:04pm
We don't have a huge back yard and I would love for a bigger back yard (minus the major state highway beyond the chain-link fence), but I think that even if I couldn't have a bigger back yard, I think I would LOVE to have it fenced completely around with a fence that would stay up for many, many years and wouldn't blow down (the back fence is where the horribly strong winds blow toward - and it's stupid wet back there, so we have too many things working against us). LOL!
Photobucket Visit my Blog with
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-19-2011 - 4:37pm
We live in an apartment so no but I would love a big yard.
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-19-2011 - 8:23pm
That was actually something we were looking for when buying this house. Its a half an acre with huge old oaks, which in central FL is a prize. The vast majority of homes are on postage stamps not much bigger than the house itself. We have a couple of citrus trees, but they're so old the fruit isn't tasty anymore. DH wants a loquat tree and I want a lychee bush. I just spent several hours this morning tending all the flower beds in front of the house. DH commented that its more work, but he loves owning a home with some bit of property. Our goal is to have a house on several acres some day.
Chouli, 34; DH 45 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-20-2011 - 7:12am
We have a pretty big back yard. MUCH bigger than our front yard. In fact it's a little weird looking compared to the sized house we have. We pay a neighborhood kid $25 once a week to mow it LOL DH has a messed up back and our back yard has a giant hill. It takes him HOURS to mow it and he is messed up for days when he's done. It's much easier to pay the kid to use his Dad's riding mower. He is done with it in 30 min! On the other hands DH let's NO ONE touch the front yard LOL He mows it and trims it and loves on it :) Hahaha...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-20-2011 - 2:41pm

OMG, due to having a farm, yes we have a huge backyard! We have about 17 acres total, of which roughly 12.5 acres are fields. I'm thinking we have a total of 2.5 acres of actual backyard. Thankfully we borrow BIL's riding mower and it takes DH 3-4

Photobucket

<a href="http://s774.p

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-22-2011 - 5:46pm
we live in Los Angeles, (super expensive) so we have a condo/townhouse type of home and no yard. We have 2 patio/balconies and I am always talking about putting some plants out there, but I never do. We live right on a nice park, which is great, but we talk all the time about someday have an actual single family home with a yard.....
Kelly, mom to 4 year old Lexi, wife to Rob TTC Number 2 since April 2010, with a loss in June 2010 at 4.5 weeks, and a loss in April 2011 at 8 weeks (possibly ectopic). Saw the RE in May 2011, we were moving forward with testing and an IUI when we