Question of the day 2/27

iVillage Member
Question of the day 2/27
Sun, 02-27-2011 - 5:57pm

Haven't had a question of the day in a while, so here goes...

If you won the lotto, besides paying bills and any medical treatment for a child ;) what is the next thing you would use money for?

Powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-27-2011 - 5:58pm
for me, after paying off all our bills, and funding a pregnancy through IVF or whatever means will get me that baby...

I would first spend money on... (I'm so vain) I'd totally get a body makeover - lipo, tummy tuck, boob job - I'd do it all!

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-27-2011 - 7:52pm
I'd buy a 100 acres somewhere and built my dream house - which by the way is not a mansion, I don't like big houses. We have animals, horses, cows, pigs, chickens and we wouldn't eat any of them. I love animals too much. They'd all be our pets. One of my cows would have to be named Betsy :) I *would* eat the chicken's eggs though LOL We would call it "The Cranch" and if you know me well, you know where that comes from! It would have big metal gates outside the driveway with big goddy C's on the front!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-27-2011 - 8:30pm
Well, depending on how much I won in the lotto (LOL!) I would sell this house, buy a nicer one, and perhaps buy a place right on the beach somewhere in VA, NC, or SC. I would also go on vacation to someplace pretty and warm. :) Oh, and I think I would like to go to Australia to visit. My parents went about 10 1/2 years ago and they were enamored with Sydney and the surrounding areas.

I'm guessing that when you say medical treatment for a child, you're meaning IUI and/or IVF to GET your earth baby, right? Because I would definitely use money for that!
Photobucket Visit my Blog with
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-27-2011 - 8:33pm
Love it! I don't like enormous houses either. I do wish I had a house that was slightly bigger than our cramped 1100sq.ft. cape (of which we do most of our living in about 900 of those sq.ft.). I would so want to have a lot of land and be self-sustaining for most of our food. :)
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-27-2011 - 8:36pm
Hey Michelle, are you vegetarian, or just would prefer not to eat your own animals? If it's the latter, our farm could raise the meat for food (my DH works in meat), and then if we have any animals that wouldn't work for meat, we could give them to you as your pets. :)
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-27-2011 - 9:41pm
Hmmm... that's a good question! I've never thought it out really beyond those things...

As a former bank manager I've seen a LOT of people blow through money from inheritances, etc... so I think I would set up a family college fund trust for my siblings, their kids, etc...

I would definitely be a plane the morning after getting the money. BEACH, baby, BEACH!! And I'd buy a house on a tropical island somewhere. So I would have a fund/budget for that...

And of course after my impromptu visit to the beach (or maybe I could substitute that with a trip to Vegas with a certain group of friends of mine), I would be camped out in an RE's office waving hundred dollar bills in his face screaming for IVF... ;)

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-27-2011 - 10:07pm
Torie, you cant get a body makeover cause you'll be knocked up!!! ;) hehe

As for me, I would go on an awesome vacation with DH, and not worry about how nice of a hotel it is (the nicest of course!) and eat at fancy restaurants and just enjoy it! :) We still havent had a honeymoon and have been married for 6 years, so it would be nice! :)
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 12:23am
Lol ok if I have to wait for the Makeover, I'd totally buy a HUGE-UNGEOUS house somewhere but I'm not sure where. Come live in my little 720 sq ft place and you'll be yearning for something gigantic!

And provided I had enough left from my first year splurge budget (got that planned out too, but we gotta win a big lotto) I would purchase and donate a fleet of brand new school buses to the school I work for - dh is well aware of this plan if we ever win!