Intro & ?'s for anyone who could help
Find a Conversation
|Mon, 04-21-2003 - 1:48pm|
On Sat (4/5), I started spotting. By Mon (4/7), I was bleeding. U/s confirmed there was no baby, just a sac. Our doc recommended a D&E, but I refused, wanting it to happen "naturally". By that Thurs (4/10), a follow up u/s confirmed the sac was still intact & they said my cervix hadn't dialated. I was scheduled for a D&E the next afternoon. Thurs night before the D&E, I felt a gush. To make a long story short, I began m/c on my own, but it caught in my cervix. I had to be rushed to the ER in an ambulance & have an emerg D&E. I bled lightly all last week & I've finally stopped. My doc recommended we DEFINITELY wait 3 months now b/c I lost so much blood. He originally said we could try after 1 AF. So here are my questions:
How long after a D&E before I should expect AF? Do I count 3 months from the time the m/c started, the D&E was performed or after 3 cycles? I want to hold this next pg, so if we have to wait longer, we can. I don't know how I could deal with going through this again.
Does anyone have any info they could help me with this situation?
I've never gone through this before & we are really anxious to try to make DD a big sis, so any advice would be great. Success stories would also be wonderful!
Hugs to you all...you've got a great board!
Christy, CJ (6/5/02) & ~i~ (4/03)