New Beginnings Roll Call 7/2/11

iVillage Member
New Beginnings Roll Call 7/2/11
Sat, 07-02-2011 - 11:27pm

Hey there everyone,

I know it's been a while, but we've got a great mix of veterans, new members, intermediate members and even grads on this board who are still here to offer support and advice. Let's do a quick roll call with history. This is NOT the cycle day roll call, rather a roll call to give a little history:

Your name

Miscarriages: how many and how long ago?

Where you are at in your journey: waiting to TTC, actively TTC, seeing an RE?, already pg and sticking around to support others in their journey?

Do you have kids? How many and how old?

Something fun about you: favorite food, pets, hobbies, favorite TV shows, books or movies (as examples)

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 4:01pm

Miscarriages: how many and how long ago? 1 M/C Aug 2010 at 6 weeks

Where you are at in your journey: waiting to TTC, actively TTC, seeing an RE?, already pg and sticking around to support others in their journey? Actively TTC and RE will start IUI procedures in Sep 2011

Do you have kids? How many and how old? No children:( Just fur babies:)

Something fun about you: favorite food, pets, hobbies, favorite TV shows, books or movies (as examples) I love to travel, especially camping and boating in the summer with my husband. We work hard and play hard:) I also absolutely adore my animals - they truly are my "babies"!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 7:43pm
Hi ladies. I am new to the forum. My name is Celeste and I experienced a missed misscarriage at 3 months in April. We have a three year old son:-) We planned to try for another child at the beginning of the year and were expecting on our first try. We lost twins and I an still trying to wrap my head around it. I almost didn't want to try again but my heart wants another child in my life. My son is such a sweetheart. This is my second period after our loss and we are going to work on re connecting and making the experience about our love if fam. Nervous and nervous. I love reading! Especially the classics. Rereading Invisible Man.
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 7:49pm
Rian, I love the sex in the books too! Right now I am reading a murder series actually written by Nora Roberts under a pen name. It is SUPER juicy! Sometimes I'll be reading a really good sex part and then DH will inevitably say something like "Hey, this thing on my butt itches. Will you look to see if something bit me there?" Nice, just nice.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 10:00pm
Haha! I have a friend that says twilight revitalized her sex life! But I totally have had those reading moments that get unintentionally ruined by DH! If you guys like urban fantasy/sex you should read the night huntress series by Jeaniene Frost. Good mix of action and romance!

-Jamie

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 10:01pm
If you guys have reading suggestions, please tell me! I'm always looking for new books!

-Jamie

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-09-2011 - 5:01am
LOL @ your DH... Can I recommend Laurell K Hamilton for all your supernatural smut needs? Her Anita Blake series was amazing until the last 4-5 books. Start at the begining.
Chouli, 34; DH 45 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-09-2011 - 7:09am
I am actually really into crime and thriller novels. I also love true crime. So think Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Patricia Cornwell. I am currently reading a series called In Death by JD Robb (who is really Nora Roberts). The title character is a NYC homicide detective who happens to be married to a gorgeous sex god! LOLOLOL It is most def the best series I have ever read outside of Patricia Cornwell's Scarpetta series.
Photobucket
Community Leader
Sat, 07-09-2011 - 8:58am

Your name: Leila (fruitpastille)

Miscarriages: Miscarried 28th Oct 09 at 7w 2d

Where you are at in your journey: I've already had my LO but like to keep up-to-date with everyone n try to offer some support

Do you have kids? How many and how old? My DS is 14 weeks

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-09-2011 - 9:38am
I love it that you stick around, Leila! :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-09-2011 - 10:30am
Scarpetta is my FAV and I am right now reading Kindred in Death! Probably the 10th one I've read, I have missed a few!

Me and girls xmas 09