New Beginnings Roll Call 7/2/11

iVillage Member
New Beginnings Roll Call 7/2/11
Sat, 07-02-2011 - 11:27pm

Hey there everyone,

I know it's been a while, but we've got a great mix of veterans, new members, intermediate members and even grads on this board who are still here to offer support and advice. Let's do a quick roll call with history. This is NOT the cycle day roll call, rather a roll call to give a little history:

Your name

Miscarriages: how many and how long ago?

Where you are at in your journey: waiting to TTC, actively TTC, seeing an RE?, already pg and sticking around to support others in their journey?

Do you have kids? How many and how old?

Something fun about you: favorite food, pets, hobbies, favorite TV shows, books or movies (as examples)

Photobucket<

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-02-2011 - 11:32pm

Name:

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 6:52am

Your name: Michelle or Chelle to those I'm close to

Miscarriages: how many and how long ago? 2 losses at less than 5 weeks; Feb 2010 and Mar 2010

Where you are at in your journey: waiting to TTC, actively TTC, seeing an RE?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 10:07am

Your name: Tee (not my real name, but it's my iVIllage name).

Miscarriages: how many and how long ago? 2 - my first was March 16, 2001 @10weeks; my second was June 25, 2010 (date of my D&C - we found out about our loss on June 23, 2010) @ just over 12weeks.

Where you are at in your journey: waiting to TTC, actively TTC, seeing an RE?, already pg and sticking around to support others in their journey? We're actively TTC, but kind of less active because we've been at this for over 3 years and we're starting to come to terms with the potential that we won't have anymore children. I've done the Femara/Progesterone thing and had plenty of testing that really didn't show anything wrong other than low progesterone, but really not sure that we want to go any further with treatment.

Do you have kids? How many and how old? I have one DD, age 8 1/2. :)

Something fun about you: favorite food, pets, hobbies, favorite TV shows, books or movies (as examples) I love scrapbooking and have gotten into digital scrapbooking. I also love to read. I read mostly chick lit because it's mindless and I like that mindless escape from "real life." :)

Photobucket Visit my Blog with
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 10:15am

Your name: Chouli

Miscarriages: how many and how long ago? We had one missed m/c discovered on 8/9/10 (week 11). After the D&C it was discovered that our son had trisomy 13 and died in the 8th week. Further testing of DH and I show it was random chance.

Where you are at in your journey: waiting to TTC, actively TTC, seeing an RE?, already pg and sticking around to support others in their journey? We've TTC since July '08. With the RE since Feb '10. Right now we are in IVF cycle 1. I am 9 days away from finding out if we are successful. I definitely want to support others in their journey. This is so hard on everyone.

Do you have kids? How many and how old? I have two step children. SD is 21 yrs old and estranged from her father and I. SS is 10 and

Chouli, 34; DH 45 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-04-2011 - 9:28pm
Tee- I'm a huge fan of chick lit, lol!! And classics, and murder mysteries, and horror, and fantasy, and westerns, and oh never mind... I'll read just about anything!!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-04-2011 - 11:48pm

Howdy....It has been a while since I have been here. I am Lissa, 31, TTC #2. DD was born 3\20\09, we have an angel in heaven 2\28\08. We have been TTC'ing since May and have had nothing but BFN. I am waiting for AF to join me this week sometime. DH got laid off three months prior to DD being born. Needless to say it was stressful. He finally found a job a year and a half after being laid off. DD was 15 months when he went back to work. His hours are all over the place and he has to commute an hour from home. DD is very attached to her Daddy and is 2 now and still not sleeping all night. She is also sleeping in bed with us, something I swore I would NEVER do. The dr. says she will sleep when she is ready. We are currently cutting 2 year old molars so...no sleep in my future. I hope I can get by BFP soon. Not sure how much time I will have on the comptuer since I am chasing DD around all day. I go back to teach kindergarten in August also, so that is my other challenge. Looking forward to being back in the man hunt for my BFP again.

wedding count down
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 6:39am
Hi, Lissa - wow, it sure does sound like you have a lot on your hands. I hope that your wait for a BFP doesn't last much longer. TTC is hell on earth sometimes, it really is...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 8:49am

Your name - Ari

Miscarriages: how many and how long ago? - 1mc in November 2010

Where you are at in your journey: waiting to TTC, actively TTC, seeing an RE?, already pg and sticking around to support others in their journey? - We are actively TTC

Do you have kids? How many and how old? - No kids...yet!

Something fun about you: favorite food, pets, hobbies, favorite TV shows, books or movies (as examples) - Favorite food is sushi...and I will be so happy when I can't eat it anymore because I am PG!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 11:53am

TTCing is absolute hell. Especially when every time you get intimate you cry because you are remembering the pain of the loss. I still have days where I cry over our loss. I still dream of that little one that never happened. I know there was a reason God called that little one back, but it still hurts. It took us 3 years to get preg. with our first pregnancy and lost it. I am tired of all these people around me getting preg. by just looking at their spouse.

wedding count down
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 12:13pm
Oh hearing about other people's pregnancies especially when they hardly tried or didn't try at all is def the worst. I went to a 4th of July party the other night and my 18 nephew brought some friends. One of the girls told us she is pregnant. She has been dating the guy (one of my nephew's friends) for a little over a month and we happen to know for a fact that he is sleeping with multiple girls while "dating" her. She didn't finish high school and doesn't have a job. She lives with him in his Dad's house that 9 of them live in (including two kids under the age of two that belong to another one of their friends) I just looked at her thinking, GOD? REALLY?!
Photobucket

Pages