new here

iVillage Member
new here
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 5:49pm
Hello! I am new here and lookinig for some support! I recently suffered my first miscarriage in January. It was my first pregnancy and totally planned by my husband and I! I was so devastated! I am trying again but I am petrified! Just looking for some help! I am sorry to hear of all your loses here on the board!

Thanks

Colleen
iVillage Member
In reply to: angl725
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 6:22pm
Hi Colleen!

I just arrived on the board yesterday, but I too m/c our first baby in January. (On the 16th to be exact)There was something in the air that week. The recovery room nurse told me that I was the 12th lady to have a D&C in just TWO days. Good grief. Lots of heartache going around.

Anyway, I didn't mean to make this all about me. I'm sorry to hear about your baby. I think that we are all scared of losing another baby. I just wish that in my case it hadn't been my first baby. That I could have had a successful pregnancy so I knew there was a possibility that I could have a healthy baby. It's just me being a doubting Thomas.

I hope that you get lucky soon!

Olivia

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 8:45pm
Olivia,

Believe me I understand! I feel the same exact way!!!!!!!!!!!! It is awful to say but I don't think it would be as devastating if I knew I was capable of having a healthy baby! I mean I am grieving the loss of this baby but the thing that bothers me the most is that I feel this is going to happen everytime! I am ashamed sometimes to say that because I feel selfish! I hope you are lucky next time and me too!!!!!! Thanks for the response and hope to hear from you again

THanks

Colleen

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 11:19pm
I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you find lots of support on the board, and I hope you graduate soon!!! Welcome to the board!

Faith & the Sweet Pea (EDD 12/13/03)

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 1:51pm
i have to add in to this posting... b/c i feel the EXACT same way as the two of you (olivia and colleen). i too miscarried with my first baby. and now we're trying again. i just feel like i might never have kids. i feel doomed already and it's only my first m/c. i feel hopeless and like a failure. so i totally feel with you guys! (((HUGS))) hopefully we'll get through this altogether and we'll all get pregnant together too. all the best...

blessings and prayers,

Steph

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 4:49pm
I am so happy to have found you guys! I am glad to know I am not the only one to feel this way! Everyone else around me does not understand my emotions! They just say you are young and healthy, it will happen! Well that is hard to believe right now! I am trying again and I hope it happens soon! When did you miscarry? Mine was just in January and I am anxious to be pregnant again! Though I don't know if I am ready to deal with this happening again! But I guess all I can do is try!??!?!?!? Well I hope we all have healthy babies real soon and hope to keep in touch with you! THanks for your response! COlleen