IUI, maybe

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-01-2005
IUI, maybe
3
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 11:01pm
After miscarriage #2 my RE is now recommending IUI. My DH and I are still debating on if this is something we want to do. The cost and the time are big factors. I just don't want more frustration and disappointments. I was set to be done at the 2 yr mark and I had a bfp. Now I'm slightly hopeful but overly emotional. So we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. So I have given us a deadline to decide before my next cycle starts, 2 1/2 weeks. Can you decide something like that in such a short period of time? I just wonder how much more I can put my family through.
Cat
                                     &nb
iVillage Member
Registered: 04-15-2012
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 11:30pm
What is iui? That is a big decision in a short timeframe. It always helps me to sit down and do a pros and cons list, and think long term how I will feel about a decision.
Avatar for CW8062012
iVillage Member
Registered: 05-04-2012
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 7:39pm

That's really difficult.  It is really up to you adn your DH.  If you chose not to do IUI, would you be able to revisit the idea in a couple months or year if you guys decide then you are ready to try it?  I guess, if it were me, I would ask myself if I would be ok with my life the way it is, or will the "what if" make me regret it?  I wouldn't rush this decision.  Take all the time you need.  Even if you decide now is not the right time, maybe take a break and revisit the topic.  Good luck with your decision!  Let me know what you decide.