Post RE appt synopsis
Find a Conversation
|Wed, 09-01-2010 - 11:11am|
I couldn't be happier with my RE. Yea!
1. She gave me progesterone, but switched me to endometria or something like that. She did say studies have shown it doesnt make a bit of difference in conceiving or staying that way but if I want it she's fine with it. Whatever makes me comfortable she said.
2. She doesnt consider me infertile & doesnt recommend any further action at this point, as far as clomid, etc..she says if still no where in 6m we can revisit. She doesnt do it since of the increased risk of multiples and added issues with those pregnancies.
3. They took more blood for karyotyping & DH has to go in, though she thinks its probably fine. They also are testing Prolactin as it was never done & MTHFR
4. She said HSG was almost perfect. They did note some scalloping in uterus she used some term I dont remember so she's going to do hysteroscopy in next week or so, when AF decides to rear her ugly head. She said there is nothing they can do to fix it though so I guess its just to see how bad it is. She'll also check for polyps or whatever else while she's up there.
5. She said they would certainly do constant monitoring as soon as I get BFP.
6. She gave me all kinds of info about support groups. She was all for acupuncture but told me to stop my chinese herbs.
7. She agreed with diagnosis & treatment or lack of it for Factor V Leiden.
8. She said she would do an endometrial biopsy if I wanted post O, which basically checks if lining is primed for implantation. However, if I do that I cannot TTC that cycle, so I doubt I will do that.
9. As far as bleeding & lining issues, she said she doubts its an issue. Flow varies from cycle to cycle & person to person its not indication of thin lining. Her solution if I was concerned though was not to measure lining but to do #8 above. So again I doubt Ill do it.
10. She said get on the exercising & my freaking out about not getting pregnant or harming egg, etc.. are not warranted. I mean I know it in my head the last pegnancy I conceived during/after dancing all nite long.
She seems pretty confident I will get pregnant again, said I may have another m/c before carrying a successful pregnancy. She said Im young...god love her. Though then she said since you're under 40. OUCH! Um so I guess Im doomed once I hit 40. Thats 3 more yrs Ive got to try this baby thing ladies! Actually I think once you hit 40 they start serious intervention.
The practice is an Reproductive Medicine practice so they are open 7 days a week & do blood tests all the time. Music to my ears.
So I stupidly took Prometrium last nite so I just delayed the inevitable. Come on AF, tick tock tick tock.