RE appt and new plan
Find a Conversation
|Wed, 09-29-2010 - 6:42pm|
I saw my RE this afternoon. She asked us to use contraception this next ovulation. She believes women are more prone to miscarry if they conceive in the first two cycles after a loss. She's going to do our IUI after my next period, so end of Oct or begining of Nov. She was confident we'd conceive again just can't guarantee on the first try. She did say we'd do the same drug protocol and IUI as before, but double-dose me with folic acid.
Since our son's disorder is "SO rare" she did ask if we wanted karyotyping done to make sure Bo and I are genetically compatible. We had the blood drawn today and it will take 4 weeks - right around the time of our next try. If we have bad results, the option she suggests is InVitro with embryo selection. They'd make as many embryos as they can and only implant the ones who don't test positive for errors. We talked about the cost of all this (we've already spent $16000 TTC) and decided people go into debt for some meaningless things and this is the best "reason" to spend our money.
So we're back on track. Dr. P wasn't as happy/optimistic as I'd like, but maybe she was trying to be sedate and sober since we're back in her office after such a