WWYD? Please help!
Find a Conversation
|Mon, 01-31-2011 - 11:22am|
Please give me your opinions girls :( Please bear with me as I explain my concerns.
Assuming we don’t see anything tomorrow (and I don’t think we will) I need to decide whether to scrap this cycle or keep trying.
Medically speaking, the RE feels like we will get here this month and does not think we should bail on this cycle. But he is only speaking from a medical standpoint. Like I said in my previous post, he is not considering that I am out of pocket and how much each additional few days costs me. I believe my follicles will get there eventually, I’m just scared of how much it will cost me to get there.
I had enough money for two cycles. I have gone through probably half of that on this cycle already (over $1,000 and that’s not including what they billed to ins). I feel like if I bail now, all of that was for nothing. Not to mention all of the time I’ve spent going to and from the RE (40 miles one way every 3 days). So I basically wasted all this money and I am reluctant to waste anymore and I’m tempted to bail.
BUT, if I bail then I DEFINITELY wasted the money where if I keep pushing, I may spend more money but if the RE is right, I will end up where I want to be.
So it’s like a double edged sword. If I stop now, I will have wasted the $1,000.00 I’ve spent to this point. If I keep going, I risk spending $1,000.00 more dollars only to end up no where. It’s like being last in a race at the half way point and deciding to quit. If I stop running now, all the time I spent running before this was for nothing but hey, at least I can stop running and rest. If I keep running, it will be torture on