Stella Grace has arrived! 11/16/10

iVillage Member
Stella Grace has arrived! 11/16/10
Sun, 11-21-2010 - 8:06pm

stella decided she wanted to come 3 weeks early! we welcomed her on 11/16/10 at 9:38pm. she weighed 7lbs 9oz and was 20.5 inches long. she was born with very dark hair on her head and body :smileyhappy: she is such a cutie!

long story:

i had an appt with my OB on monday afternoon for my NS test and regular check up. my BP was very elevated and she decided to check me to see how progressed i was. i was 2-3 cm dilated. she decided to send me to triage to be evaluated. went to triage and my BP was very elevated and i was starting to contract. they decided to keep me overnight for observation and by morning my doc came in and saw that my BP was still VERY high and she said we were inducing. so by 10-1030 they had me going with all sorts of stuff. epidural, pitocin, magnesium sulfate, fluids. well my epidural wasnt working and they ended up redoing it and it still wasnt working. so it was pretty much a natural labor and delivery! and it was horrible! the magnesium made me feel horrible as well. like i had a major hangover. i was throwing up and sooo HOT. at one point my doctor had offered me a c section and i almost accepted. but my sister got in my face and reminded i could do it and we were almost there. so i held on and a little after 9 they checked me and i was complete. i started to push and pushed for 18 minutes and she was here! my first push, they could see her head :smileyhappy: she was apparently ready to come. i had to get an episiotomy so im def feeling the after effects of that! and my back has been in horrible agony from the epidurals. but almost a week later, im starting to feel like a human again :smileyhappy: and i just love my little girl so much i cant even describe it. sorry it took me so long to post this update. i was in a serious fog for days after! i just tried to post a pic but my computer is being stupid, ill try another post with a pic!

Photobucket Kara (27) and Dave (28) TTC #1 since Octobe

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-21-2010 - 9:34pm

here are some pics :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-22-2010 - 8:10am

She is so beautiful and I LOVE her name! Congratulations!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-22-2010 - 9:16am

Oh Kara!!!!!! That is sooooo exciting! What a wonderful gift for Thanksgiving!! She is just BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats to mommy and daddy!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-22-2010 - 6:47pm

She is BEAUTIFUL!! You look so happy! Enjoy her :)

Amy Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-23-2010 - 2:18pm

Congratulations Kara!

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-23-2010 - 5:55pm

I already said congrats and have been enjoying looking at your cute STella pics on facebook, but such an event is worthy of more congratulations here too!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-23-2010 - 5:55pm

I already said congrats and have been enjoying looking at your cute STella pics on facebook, but such an event is worthy of more congratulations here too!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-23-2010 - 7:00pm
thank you rachel! i know, i never got a chance to wish you a happy birthday that day because i was in labor :) i hope you will forgive me! but how fun that now i will never forget it!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-30-2010 - 4:06pm
Oh my goodness! Stella is just gorgeous! Love the picture with your little family! What a trooper you are! Magnesium does make you feel horrible and you persevered!!! You go! Congrats on your darling daughter. Keep those pics and updates coming! I love baby pics! :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-01-2010 - 11:49pm
sorry this is so incredibly late, but Congratulations!!! I'm still waiting on Sapphira to arrive, in good time I'm sure!
Stella is adorable!!! and I have to say every picture I see of you looks so different, I get this idea of what you look like in my head and then I see another picture and I'm confused...lol.. you are beautiful in them all, but somehow you look different in ever one.. maybe it is just me.
And just so you know your labor sounds perfectly normal.. you do get to a point where anything BUT what is happening sounds like a good plan... but that is moments before you get to actually push your baby into the world! And WOW 18 mins!!! I pushed for an hour with Caeden... good job mama!

Pages