Decided on the surgery...

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-14-2004
Decided on the surgery...
Tue, 09-14-2004 - 12:07pm
Well, we decided that I should have the laproscopic surgery to remove the polyp or whatever it is in my uterus. I'll have the surgery on 10/01 and then hopefully start trying again a few months later. My RE seems confident that we can have another good pregnancy - hopefully it will all work out. After a total of five losses in 4 years (and one blessed full term boy who is 21 mos. now), I have decided that if/when we get pregnant and if it doesn't work out because of miscarriage or whatever else, then that is it for me. At 42, I think giving it one more try will be all I can take. I just wanted to put my thoughts into words - knowing that the last loss was truly a miscarriage (chromosomal testing indicated no #2 chromosome) has given me hope that this could possibly work - if the odds are 1 in 40, I have 39 chances to have a good pregnancy, right? :)

Good luck to everyone else out there!

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-17-2004
Tue, 09-14-2004 - 12:28pm
You sound like you're in a good place! I'm glad you're going through with the surgery - anything that can increase your chances is worth it.

Good luck to you and keep in touch!