FSH 119.6 How can this be?

iVillage Member
FSH 119.6 How can this be?
Thu, 07-15-2004 - 8:12pm
My family doctor did blood work because of VERY sudden onset of symptoms I've been having, while ttc. Hot flashes, night sweats, can't sleep, weight loss,ect.... She said my FSH is 119.6, estradiol? (can't remember name of test) 50.2, Progesterone 1.56, & my thyroid is messed up. She is suggesting an MRI to see if something is wrong with my pituitary gland. She said 40 is to young for levels that high. Has anyone ever heard of this? I was just pregnant & m/c in April. How could I even get pregnant with levels like this? Is there truely any hope at all of me ever conceiving again? This is all so confusing & devastating to me. It doesn't sound like there is any hope for me.

Edited 7/16/2004 8:14 am ET ET by hopeat40
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2004 - 5:03pm
Hi,

I have never heard of an FSH that high but again it depends on what day she took your blood. All my records are based on day 3 testing. Don't give up hope. Those levels clearly show you have an issue that is causing this problem & that is good news because once you know what it is, it can be corrected. It may have something to do with your thyroid or your insulin levels as well. Do as much testing as you can. Fasting blood work etc.

We will keep you in our prayers.

(((HUGS)))

Lisa
Lilypie Baby Days
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2004 - 10:18pm
I totally agree with Lisa; there is probably a specific problem and that means it can be addressed and hopefully corrected! Please keep us posted, and good luck with everything.

Hugs,

Karen