OMG!!!!!!!

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-16-2005
OMG!!!!!!!
25
Tue, 10-05-2010 - 8:58pm

It seems like they have deleted all the mesages from the past. All our BFPs, all our journeys, and all our birth stories...

HEAR ME, IVILLAGE - I AM SERIOUSLY PI$$ED!!!!!!!!!!

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-16-2005
Fri, 10-08-2010 - 10:39am

Hi Melissa.

When you log on to the Board, it says that there have been only 2000 messages on this Board. So, that gave me my initial concern.

Then I tried to load the URLs from the postings that I had bookmarked... My BFP, a few messages from the pregnancy, Sawyer's Birth Story... and got a message from the system saying that the link was not valid and there was no content available.

Thus my conclusion.

I wrote to iVillage with a request for them to capture these messages, if still available, and forward them to me. I received a message back that all messages are still available... but not by the old URL. You have to search for them by content.

I did this, and after several tries - I did, with much relief.

I know that everyone is upset about the Board, but I intend to write a "let's all calm down and try to get used to this" message. I do not want to see people abandoning ship.

Libby

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-15-2005
Fri, 10-08-2010 - 10:42am

How do I find out what's new and avoid rereading posts a million times? and why isn't the newest stuff at the top? Or is it and I just don't get it. I didn't feel old having twins at 44, but trying to use ivillage right now makes me feel really old......liek I am so clearly out of it and cannot adapt to new technology.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-16-2005
Fri, 10-08-2010 - 11:05am

AND, I want my hardhat back. I was a CL for a long time. I earned it.

Libby

Avatar for Cmmelissa
iVillage Member
Registered: 11-13-2008
Fri, 10-08-2010 - 5:23pm
blbrady wrote:
Hey Melissa - like everyone else, I too am struggling with the new format. I check it from my iPad and the last two days it wouldn't let me stay logged in to reply to anything.

However, it is letting me stay logged in tonight and that's a good sign. Also, I am using the mobile version instead of the full and am finding it much easier to navigate and way quicker to read. So i'm feeling a little more hopeful today.

That's good to hear!

Avatar for Cmmelissa
iVillage Member
Registered: 11-13-2008
Fri, 10-08-2010 - 5:24pm
kingmaker_inc wrote:

Hi Melissa.

When you log on to the Board, it says that there have been only 2000 messages on this Board. So, that gave me my initial concern.

Then I tried to load the URLs from the postings that I had bookmarked... My BFP, a few messages from the pregnancy, Sawyer's Birth Story... and got a message from the system saying that the link was not valid and there was no content available.

Thus my conclusion.

I wrote to iVillage with a request for them to capture these messages, if still available, and forward them to me. I received a message back that all messages are still available... but not by the old URL. You have to search for them by content.

I did this, and after several tries - I did, with much relief.

I know that everyone is upset about the Board, but I intend to write a "let's all calm down and try to get used to this" message. I do not want to see people abandoning ship.

Libby

Thanks for your reponse Libby!

Avatar for Cmmelissa
iVillage Member
Registered: 11-13-2008
Fri, 10-08-2010 - 5:32pm
eli2005 wrote:

How do I find out what's new and avoid rereading posts a million times? and why isn't the newest stuff at the top? Or is it and I just don't get it. I didn't feel old having twins at 44, but trying to use ivillage right now makes me feel really old......liek I am so clearly out of it and cannot adapt to new technology.

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-13-2007
Fri, 10-08-2010 - 6:05pm

That doesn't seem to be the case Melisa, at least not for me.

 


 


Susan V

Avatar for Cmmelissa
iVillage Member
Registered: 11-13-2008
Sat, 10-09-2010 - 10:42am
seanmyangel wrote:

That doesn't seem to be the case Melisa, at least not for me.

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-16-2005
Sat, 10-09-2010 - 10:58am

It worked for me... on new threads. I have not gone back into old threads, but can see how the system would need you to enter one before it would now know how many you've read.

L

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-30-2010
Sun, 10-10-2010 - 7:58am
Reply testing 123. Every time I hit reply it just takes me to the home page grrrrrrrr

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC#1 since May 2010, married 18 years.


Diagnosed with/surgically removed endometrioma Aug 2010. Sept IUI #1=BFN. Nov IUI #2=BFN. Uterine polyp removed Jan. 2011. Jan 2011 IVF cancelled. No response. 2nd