What to do

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-31-2006
What to do
2
Fri, 12-04-2009 - 4:10pm

Well, my 4th IUI (second with injectables) has failed :( We can't do an IUI cycle this month, because now I have cysts. So I asked if there is any testing we can do this month while we're waiting. My RE has not done any testing on me except FSH and AMH levels. I specifically asked about an HSG (I seem to ovulate each month and have good lining, estradiol, so my thinking is maybe its the tubes?).

My RE apparently doesn't do HSG unless there is some history of pelvic problems in the past, which I don't have. But, she said we could do one if I "wanted". The nurse practitioner said that they can code the procedure as ovarian dysfunction, but the radiologist does whatever they want and sometimes changes it to infertility, so insurance doesn't cover it. Its $1650, on top of the $2000 for injectables next month. I'm not sure what to do. Advise?

Sandy

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-26-2009
In reply to: iugrad1998
Fri, 12-04-2009 - 5:18pm

Sandy,


Oh my, I got the news today that my 4th IUI was a BFN:(

iVillage Member
Registered: 05-31-2004
In reply to: iugrad1998
Mon, 12-07-2009 - 6:05pm
That is a tough one for sure. I don't know what to suggest, I know for us it would not happen because of the price tag, but if $ is not an issue then I would definitely do it. I am guessing that you are somewhere in the middle. It is a hefty sum for sure, but it might be worth it to know that it is not a problem. That just depends on how important it is to you. If they are blocked, then that would change your plans down the road. If they are fine, then it could mean one less month for injectibles, but at least you would know things are open. Hard call. Keep us posted on what you decide, I really don't know what I would do.

Michelle


Loving Mom to three

Michelle


Loving Mom to three rambunctious