Find a Conversation
|Sat, 05-16-2009 - 3:56am|
Hi all! I have been kind of avoiding this board until we finally made a decision, but now the decision has been made, and I am here! Yay!
A little about me. I am 44 yrs old, and have 4 children, ages 13, 10, 4 and 2. We have dealt with infertility problems (PCOS) from day one, waiting 8 yrs for our first, adopting our second, waiting 9 yrs for a second successful pregnancy (third child), and then our fourth only two years later. I have been on clomid, pergonal and fertinorm, have lost 6 babies as well as one tube and ovary. I have been pregnant 9 times, 5 of those with fertility meds and 4 without any meds after losing one ovary. Most of my losses have been early on, usually by about 6 weeks.
My last pregnancy was unexpected, but we were thrilled. I lost that baby at the end of January. I should have been almost 13 weeks, but the baby had died at just over 9 weeks. Just before I found out I was pregnant, we were both thinking that maybe our family was complete, although I was still leaning toward wanting another one. DH is 45 and feeling his age, not so much now, but thinking down the road to when our youngest would be 18, so he was ready to be done. After losing the baby though, we really needed to make a decision, because time is definitely running out. It took until last week for my DH, but we are finally agreed to try again!!! Yay!
I am at the beginning of this cycle, but I think we may wait until next cycle to actively try. I have a doctor appointment on the 27th, which would likely be around ovulation. I think I should see him first, as there are a couple of things that should be looked into. One is that I had GD with my last baby and my sugars have not completely settled down since then. I am not on any meds, but when we lost the baby he said that if we wanted to try again we should get that under control first, and I think he is probably right. He had also mentioned putting me on clomid even though I am already ovulating, he said they have found that it helps the eggs to be healthier and would give us a better chance. Have any of you heard this before? Since it is too late to get either of these in place for this month, I think we will wait. That is so hard to do though! We are planning to put a time limit on trying, so losing a month is a hard thing to do, but might still be the wisest route.
So that is my story, and I thought I would come and join you all. Since I am going to be away from Sunday to Tuesday I was going to wait to post, but then I joined in on a couple of threads and so I thought I should probably introduce myself! If you have any questions please feel free to ask, and if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. I am looking forward to getting to know you all, and hope to see many of you graduate from TTCing! :-)
Loving Mom to three