Quasi-newbie intro :)

iVillage Member
Quasi-newbie intro :)
Sat, 07-03-2010 - 10:33am

Hi guys,
I think I felt so comfortable reading all your posts when I first stumbled on this site a few weeks ago that I just sort of started posting without ever formally introducing myself!!!

So I wanted to do just that right here. Hi. :)

My name is Dianne, and I am 41. I have no children. I remarried in October to a 37-year-old man that has never been married and has no kids. I got off the pill in March and we have been TTC #1 for the last 4 months.

I haven't had any fertility testing, other than an ultrasound on my ovaries and uterus--everything looked normal--no blockages of anykind, etc. I was still on the pill so we couldn't do much more. Then my Dr. stopped taking insurance and I had to get a new Dr. I have a feeling my orig. Dr. would have begun the blood tests and all right away had I continued with her.

My new Dr. told me to just try to get PG naturally now, and if I'm not by the end of the summer, then we will begin the tests.

I have been charting and it appears I am O-ing normally, have a normal length LP. But I have not become PG yet. Each month gets a little harder and more emotional, esp. since all of our friends have newborns or are PG now - and they all brag about getting PG the "first try". I am the oldest of these women...

I go to acupuncture once a week for fertility treatments, and am on Chinese herb teapills.

I am an anxious person as it is, and each month seems to get more and more tense for me. I don't like that I am so embroiled in this process rather than laid back...but being 41 it seems impossible to just relax!!!!!!!!

I am so happy to have found this board! You have all been so incredibly responsive, supportive, informative and kind. I am so rooting for you all and hope everyone on this board gets a BFP VERY SOON!!! I feel every small and large victory I read on this board as if it were my own! You all inspire me very much. :)

-Dianne

-Dianne, 41 yo
DH 37

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-03-2010 - 11:11am
Welcome to the board, Dianne and good luck. You are stll on the young side on this board, so I hope you have a short trip to your BFP.

Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-03-2010 - 2:05pm

Welcome Dianne:

Don't think just because people around you are saying they got PG on the first try that it works that way with everyone. I"m 46 and it took a long time and finally IVF but we're here now! Just take it one day at a time and don't frazzle yourself - staying relaxed is a very good thing!

I hope you achieve your heart's desire soon - KUP on your progress and know that the ladies here have tons of great information and advice to share.

Susan

Susan L.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Susan L.

Robert Edward Xavier Lin - Born July 31, 2010 at 5:56AM, 6 pounds 4 ounces and 19 inches long. He spent 2 weeks in the NICU but he's doing great now!
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-03-2010 - 8:09pm

Thanks Krista and Ruth!! You guys are so inspiring and both PG!!!!! I love it!

I am going to try to relax as much as I can. I can't stop thinking about how hard I had to try *not* to get PG when I was younger and now it is so hard to get knocked up!! But must stay positive. Mind power is not to be underestimated. Thank you so much for your support!

-Dianne, 41 yo
DH 37

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-03-2010 - 11:22pm
Hey Dianne, thanks for the formal :)

Susan V

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-04-2010 - 6:30am
Welcome, Dianne! It's so easy to get obsessed with TTC -- on one hand, we want to relax, but on the other hand, we 40somethings have to try a lot harder with timing, testing, etc. I hope you get PG very soon. I hope we all do.

Susan CB

TTC #1 at age (gulp) 42

June 2008: m/c

April 2010: IVF #1 -- chemical pregnancy

June 2010: IVF #2 -- four embies transferred on 6/23

Susan CB

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-04-2010 - 10:19am

Thanks Susan and Susan!!

Yes the obsession part of it is not easy...I wish there were ways I could just SNAP my mind off the subject each day but I think about it constantly (as I'm sure you all can relate!!)

My acupuncturist tells me when I start thinking too much to just BREATHE. I said "just breathe? That's it??" And he said "Yep, that's it."

The guy must be a walking Buddha. Telling me that is like telling Woody Allen to "just breathe." ;-) HA!

Seriously though, I do love the positive attitudes here - yes it WILL happen for us! :)

-Dianne, 41 yo
DH 37

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-04-2010 - 10:37am

Good luck Dianne!

I kinda know how you are feeling.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 6:04pm

mm1970, I'm sorry to hear about the m/c. Sounds like you have very practical attitude which can be helpful in keeping things in perspective. I am also trying to adopt a very conscious positive way of thinking and speaking now. I hope it helps. It isn't easy for me when I am anxious, worried, etc...but I know that words and thoughts are powerful things. Hoping I can send some better messages to myself this month.

I'm not gonna lie though, I am feeling very challenged this month. DH and I are visiting at my in-laws for the week and it is stressful--she is very neurotic and over-bearing, and on top of it, her very frail, 95-year-old mother with Alzheimers

-Dianne, 41 yo
DH 37

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-10-2010 - 1:10am

Hi Dianne & welcome,

It is an agonizing process isn't it? At any time in life, but especially when we play the "we're over 40" head game. Sounds like you are on the right track though so hang in there. If you don't feel like your doc is the one for you, go talk to others. That is what I did and I found one I really gel with. It does make a difference!

And this board is such a great place to hang out. Hope you enjoy it!
Jeanne

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-10-2010 - 10:42am

Thanks Jeanne!

I have only seen this doctor once, and I left wondering if I should keep looking. My H's insurance is not the best, so our Dr. choices are limited.

I loved, loved, loved her availability and warmth and willingness to answer any and all questions, take her time, etc. But I was curious why she didn't order tests right off the bat for me or my H. Anyway, I am going to see what this next cycle brings and think revisit the thought again.

Thanks for the warm welcome and for picking up on the ambivalence--I am definitely going to ask around. :)

-Dianne, 41 yo
DH 37