Worried about what today's CD 3 lab results will be...

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-18-2008
Worried about what today's CD 3 lab results will be...
11
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 11:29am

I had another set of day 3 labs drawn this morning.  Before I left the house, I did one of those at home FSH tests.  The line was defintely darker than the last time(still not positive) so I know the result will be higher.  I'm just worried about how high it will be and how that will affect the insurance stuff.  I know that it was lower last time because of the high E2. 

Still waiting for the results to be posted on the patient web portal.  I've been checking every hour even thought I know they're not usually done before noon.  Wish they'd hurry up already.  Don't they know I'm freaking out :smileyhappy:

Photobucket

<a href="http://www.ferti

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-18-2008

As suspected my FSH was high today and my E2 too.

FSH 15.2

E2 95.8 (Do you think I could still have a cyst?  Think I will ask for an u/s)

I know the limits for over 40 are FSH >15 or E2 >100 so these are borderline but they did tell me no limits for under 40. Hopefully they will say yes.  I was trying to be optimistic that I will respond well enough to stims, but now I'm more worried again. And also more upset at the insurance company for making me waste 4.5 months on IUIs that I knew wouldn't work.  I'm trying not to cry.

Photobucket

<a href="http://www.ferti

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-27-2008

No limits when you're under 40 is great!  Sorry your FSH is high...but there are a lot of pregnant IVF patients with high FSH so don't get too hung up on the number.  An u/s to check for a cyst might be helpful but they might want to check after the BCPs instead since they should shrink it if there is one.  

Caryn

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-18-2008

Thanks, Caryn.  My RE's office seem to be reluctant to submit paperwork with less than perfect results even though I told them what the insurance company told me.  I called the financial lady to let her know my day 3 results were in but had to leave a message.  Hopefully, she will just submit the paperwork without giving me a hard time.  I may get a lower number if I wait and repeat it after bcps, but I could get a higher number too.  I haven't got any calls back from the RE's office yet today so I'll have to wait and see what they say.

As for the cyst, I thought I would ask them to do the u/s at the end of next week right before I stop the bcps.  That way I can continue them another week if needed without having to wait for another AF, etc.

I have managed not to cry yet, so that's something I guess.

Photobucket

<a href="http://www.ferti

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-18-2008

Well, the financial coordinator at my RE's office was out today, but it sounds like she'll be back tomorrow.  Hopefully, she'll submit my insurance paperwork first thing tomorrow. What's another day at this point?  I still never got a call rom the RE's nurse with my results.  I only know because I looked online.

Photobucket

<a href="http://www.ferti

iVillage Member
Registered: 11-13-2011
(((((hugs)))))) for you Christina. I really hope that everything gets approved, and that things go a little smoother from here on out. You're so close!!!

Britty  & DH (both 30) TTC since late 2008

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-04-2008
That's lousy that they haven't called you. :smileytongue:
I think you are under the limit so you are fine. It doesn't matter how close you are, you are UNDER it, so you're good. Can you have your ultrasound any sooner? I guess there is nothing else they could do though huh? Hrmm...

((hugs)) Good luck and keep us posted!

Elizabeth (31) DH (36) TTC #1 since July 2008

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-18-2008

Actually, I'm not under the FSH limit (<15) with a 15.2, but it's close, and supposedly those limits only apply to over 40.  I still haven't heard from anyone from the RE's office.  I think I would have heard by now if they wanted to wait and repeat the day 3 labs again.  I'm going to call the finance lady again late this afternoon if i don't hear anything by then.  I still don't see any pending authorization requests on the insurance website, so I know they have done nothing yet.  As is my luck, I'm probably their lowest priority.

Photobucket

<a href="http://www.ferti

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-18-2008

Still haven't heard from anyone.  This is causing me a lot of anxiety.  I've barely been able to focus at work the last two days.  I'm going to call the finance lady first thing tomorrow.  Was going to call this afternoon, but was too irritated and didn't want to take it out on her even though she should be putting me first, lol.  Now may be a good time to start those circle & bloom meditations...

Photobucket

<a href="http://www.ferti

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-04-2008
Good idea with the circle and bloom mediations. I hope they call you before you get the chance tomorrow. :/

Elizabeth (31) DH (36) TTC #1 since July 2008

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-27-2008
I know how hard it is to concentrate when all you want to hear is the telephone ring {{{HUGS}}} IT's a good idea to give them a call in the morning.

It's such a hard choice between submitting the blood work you have now and waiting to try to re-do FSH after the BCPs. If you waited and your FSH was higher at the end of BCPs would they still be able to submit these labs to insurance for approval? I'd ask them that and maybe consider waiting if they say yes. Just my $0.00002 =)

Good luck!
Caryn

Pages