Foods To Increase Sperm Count
Find a Conversation
|Fri, 01-28-2011 - 11:02pm|
Can certain foods increase sperm count?
Guys, there are a lot of things you can do that are in your control to help improve your sperm count. Your diet should be your first focus. Getting certain foods, vitamins and nutrients can help increase your sperm count and send you to baby making land.
A healthy diet is essential when trying to increase your sperm count and improve your fertility. Your body requires the proper vitamins and minerals and if it’s not getting what it needs, it will not function properly including your reproductive system. Lack of certain nutrients and vitamins can mess with your hormones, make it harder for your body to produce sperm and also increases the chance that your sperm will be abnormal.
So, what can you do to help increase your sperm count and improve your fertility?
- Take a multivitamin if you are not already doing so. You need all of the right vitamins and minerals for a properly functioning reproductive system.
- Make sure you are eating natural foods that focus on fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, fish, poultry, legumes, nuts, and seeds. These are fertility boosting foods and all around good foods for your body.
- Drink. Drink. Drink! No, not whiskey. No, not a case of beer. Drink up on water. It will keep your system hydrated and flushed which is essential for sperm production.
- Eliminate processed and refined foods. All that good junk food such as candy, potato chips, lunch meats, etc… should be reduced or eliminated if possible. Put fresh stuff if your body, not man made – chemically driven foods.
- Olive oil is good, right? Use it instead of margarine or other saturated and hydrogenated fats.
- Eat up on pumpkin seeds. This is a great snack that is high in zinc and essential fatty acids which are a key component to the male reproductive system. So, instead of that afternoon snickers bar, opt for the 1/4 to a 1/3 cup of pumpkin seeds to give your reproductive systems a boost.
- Get plenty of antioxidants that rid your body of toxins that can cause harm to sperm production. Many berries are great sources of antioxidents such as blueberries.
What are some other supplements that can help increase my sperm count?
Adding a new vitamin or supplement to your diet will take a little time before your reproductive system will reap the benefits. Allow 2-4 months before you look for changes in your sperm production.
- Arginine – Needed to produce sperm. If the sperm count is too low, arginine probably will not provide much help.
- Coenzyme Q10 – Helps to increases sperm count and motility.
- Flaxseed oil – This is a great source of essential fatty acids.
- L-carnitine – Helps create normal sperm function.
- Selenium – Helps improve sperm motility (upward movement of sperm).
- Vitamin B-12 – Not getting enough B-12 can reduce sperm motility and sperm count.
- Vitamin C – Drink your OJ! It’s an antioxidant.
- Zinc – Zinc promotes a healthy male reproductive systems and helps in sperm production.
As with anything, make sure you seek medical advice from a fertility specialist beforehand. Your doctor will know how to provide the best solutions for your individual fertility situation.