In it for the long haul - Longtimers TTC *January* - Already 2012!

iVillage Member
In it for the long haul - Longtimers TTC *January* - Already 2012!
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 2:35pm
Well another year has come and gone, I can't believe we are already 12 years past the Y2K when everyone thought the world would end! And now, according to the Mayan Calander this is the last new year ever! Oh boy! Can't wait to look back on this year 15 years from now and think man, what was the world getting at? Lol here's to an eventful 2012! Happy New Year!

Loves

Photobucket <a href="http://me

Pages

iVillage Member

Hi ladies! What's new?

I'm enjoying the last of my 10 days off work ... and actually feeling pretty ready to get back. J went back to work today, which helps. We has a great time visiting family up in Washington over Christmas, then spent a day in Oakland (where we just moved from) with our best friends there. They had a baby in September (We started TTC at the same time ... sigh.), and it was so fun to see how much he's grown! I've gotta say, being with them simultaneously stokes and dampens my baby fever. The baby is adorable and wonderful, but 3.5 months in they're still exhausted, and their lives are 100% centered around caring for him. I guess what I'm trying to say is that as much as I want a child, being with them is a nice reminder to enjoy my life--my freedom, in particular--now, too!

Anyway, we got home late Friday night, spent the weekend relaxing and watching movies (True Grit on DVD, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in the theater), and I'm feeling as rested as I could be.

Any exciting things planned for 2012, girls? The biggest thing for me right now is that I turn 30 on the 29th! Eek!

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Funny you say that Rebekah b/c I've kinda been having the same feeling lately around other children. Like how bad do I really want this, lol. I know I want it but seeing other kids going through the terrible 2's makes you think twice. Buuuuut we're not getting any younger & it really depends on how you raise them how they will act at that age. Sometimes kids will be kids & we'll just have to deal with it

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
iVillage Member
We should do coffee while you're in town! I'm super-close to Santa Monica. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
That would be awesome! When I get the itinerary I'll let you know the details!
Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
iVillage Member

Hi ladies! I want to go to Disneyland!! Vacation sounds SO

iVillage Member

Shana, I love that photo of you in your new signature. So cute! And December would be a wonderful time to visit Disneyland--it's all decorated for Christmas! I haven't been during that time of year, but I've heard it's lovely. You might avoid the week of Christmas if you can, since so many people will be vacationing there, but earlier in the month would be great. A week-long pass is great! It's around $100/day normally. Ouch. And the weather in December (at least this year, since it's my first year down here), was not bad--60s or 70s, with some rain, but more sunny days than not. (We've actually had a run of 80-degree weather in the last few weeks, so it could even be nicer than that.)

For what it's worth, when I saw the dentist last February, they told me the 1st trimester is the one time in pregnancy you should really avoid dental work, so definitely test before you go! And I'm keeping all my crossables crossed for you this cycle--I hope this is it!

Candy, I'm stoked about the prospect of a coffee date sometime this year! How is everything going with you? Are you feeling better these days?

As for me ... Just waiting for AF to pass. I posted above about my progesterone test, and I go in tomorrow for my CD 3 bloodwork, so we'll see what that holds. I'm looking forward to getting to the part where we actually sit down with the doctor and talk about what we can do!

We're hanging out tonight w/ a friend of ours from our old town, plus another friend from up there who moved here just before we did, which should be a lot of fun. Work's been nutty today, so it will be nice to unwind with people I love and an adult beverage or two (an upside of AF being here!)

Everyone else, speak up! What's new? :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I guess I'm part of the everyone else, lol.

Shana- So glad that you have that theater room nearly done! You've been working on that for awhile now! FIngers crossed that this is your cycle and the baby room is your next project!

Candy- How you doin?

Rebekah- Your weather reports are making me jelous!! I'm freezin my booty here in OKC!

AFM- I'm in my rest cycle and just hanging out. My birthday is in a couple weeks, so I'm dreading that.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

Rebekah - BOO to AF! So sorry she showed :( Are you guys moving on to any medications? Clomid? Did you know that a GUY can take clomid too!!! My OB mentioned it to me a while ago, the purpose of a guy taking it would to be the help produce more sperm, not better sperm, just more so if he has a low sperm count, he could trying clomid! Crazy huh! Can you imagine

iVillage Member

Haha, Tiff, yes you were part of "everybody else"--I didn't want to list names and forget someone! :) I have a good friend who lives near OKC, and she's been complaining that it's cold but there isn't any snow.

Shana - I actually wasn't really upset about AF showing this time around--I was having zero symptoms, and was focusing more on getting the tests out of the way than waiting for a BFP. So I guess that's good? (I mean, either that or I've given up hope! Ha!) As far as next steps, I don't know yet--we'll sit down and talk to the doctor once my bloodwork from this morning + J's SA are in. I'm guessing Clomid is in my future, due to the Progesterone results, but we'll see. J and I are both uneasy about the prospect of multiples, so we'll have some things to discuss w/ the OB!

Oh--and I actually DID know that men could take Clomid, though I didn't know about it's legitimate medical use ... (warning, this is about to get gross ...) J had actually heard of Clomid before I ever did, because some of the guys in his Army unit used to talk about it--apparently .... um ... adult film stars ... sometimes take it because it increases the volume of, well, you get the idea. :) He sort of freaked out when I first mentioned it as a fertility tool, because he didn't know it had a legit medical purpose!

I'm jealous of your theater room! What a cool idea!

As for me ... I had my CD 3 blood draw this morning. She had to stick me twice, since the first time she tried a smaller vein in the same arm they drew from last week, and couldnt' get it. So now I have three needle holes, plus a nice bruise from last week. I guess I'll be wearing long sleeves for a bit, to avoid people thinking I'm a heroin user. ;)

They didn't tell me when results would be in (I saw someone other than my doctor's normal nurse), but I'm guessing I'll get a call tomorrow or Monday. I don't know as much about the hormones they're testing today, so it will all be Greek to me.

Alright, work calls ... I'm off!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Hi everyone...sitting at the RE, waiting for my IUI so figured it was a good time to catch up!
Rebekah-when is your "discussion" appointment with your doc? I did clomid this month and have had a much better response than my 4 letrizole cycles. I know that's totally anecdotal. I know you're a big runner, do you still run outside in the cold or treadmill? I start to lose motivation as the temp drops!!
Tif-happy early birthday!!! What's the plan after your rest cycle? Do they up the med?
Candy-feel better!!! I read one of your posts above...they have never done baseline bloodwork on you?!?!? In all this time? You were on clomid before too, right? I would bypass the drug store FSH and tell your doc you want baseline bloodwork, why should you have to pay $30 for a test that is probably not as accurate? Anyway, just my 2 cents.
Shana-do you have any pictures of your paint job? I would love to see how you did the red/chocolate/tan combo. I am such a dud when it comes to decorating...all our walls are pretty much beige.

AFM-well, waiting at the RE for my IUI on 100mg clomid. Been waiting for 1.5 hours. Feeling a little hopeful as I had a really good response. Went and bought the crinone vaginal gel...not looking forward to that!!! This weekend, some of my friends and I have a cooking club and the theme this time is basically southern food. Still deciding what I am going to make but alternating between Mac and cheese and shrimp and grits. Anyone have a suggestion? Any other fun plans?
Photobucket

Pages