In it for the long haul - Longtimers TTC *January* - Already 2012!

iVillage Member
In it for the long haul - Longtimers TTC *January* - Already 2012!
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 2:35pm
Well another year has come and gone, I can't believe we are already 12 years past the Y2K when everyone thought the world would end! And now, according to the Mayan Calander this is the last new year ever! Oh boy! Can't wait to look back on this year 15 years from now and think man, what was the world getting at? Lol here's to an eventful 2012! Happy New Year!

Loves

Photobucket <a href="http://me

iVillage Member

Ugh Tess I hate waiting for IUI's. I don't know if they understand how COLD it gets when you're laying there half naked with a paper towel draped over your legs! And then they come in and it takes 2 minutes to do, geezers.

iVillage Member

Tess--I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your IUI is a success! Waiting at doctor's offices is the worst. Right now, I'm waiting for results on my CD 3 bloodwork, and J just scheduled his SA for Monday morning. So I'm guessing late next week or the week after for the appointment to discuss what's next. Oh--and I do run outside through the winter (I hate the treadmill!), but bear in mind I've never lived in a terribly cold climate. I'm in SoCal now, and before I lived in the San Francisco area, where there's frost on the ground maybe 3 times a year. :) So when I do my early morning runs, it's usually in the high 40s/low 50s. I do have lots of runner friends in the midwest and northeast who run outside in super chilly weather, though!

Shana--fingers crossed for you, too! A baby that coincides with your 10th would be amazing!

I'm so glad I have a 3-day weekend! I just signed up yesterday for a half-marathon that's on Sunday, after I found out it goes right past our apartment. I've never run a race spur-of-the-moment like that, but it's so conveniently located, and I needed to get a long run in this weekend anyway, so I figured I might as well. Other than that, we're having some friends over on both Saturday and Sunday. Then I'll go with J to his SA early Monday morning before he goes to work, and have the rest of the day to myself!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Shana- That is some dedication. My ADD would have kicked in on that project YEARS ago. LOL. I also have no decorating sense at all. My husband is our artistic one. I'm completely fine with eggshell walls. I have all my crossables crossed for your girl this month!

Tess- I am also cheering for you! I hate waiting at the docs! I'm so spoiled that ours usually doesn't make me wait too long. We drop off the sample in the morning and I go back later for IUI, again ADD, LOL.

Rebekah- I'm sorry the blood draw went poorly. I'm pretty lucky, I have prominant veins and get stuck with no issues. I'm also still jelous of the weather. I hope your run goes great this weekend!

AFM- still freezin my buns off. It actually did snow on Wednesday night, but nothing stuck to the ground thank goodness! I'm on a rest cycle because out clinch is closed from Christmas through New Year's, so they won't start any new cycles that week. I started AF on Christmas Eve- boo. I do my last try with the clinical trial this month, so it won't be upping any drugs of anything. Then, I don't know what we'll do, I haven't thought that far in advance.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

Tiffany - We are finally getting snow this year, for Christmas we had nothing, it was actually in the 60's a few day's after Christmas! So sad!

iVillage Member

Tiffany - I'm short on decorating sense, too. I dream of having a beautifully painted and decorated home, but I just never know where to start. I so hope this next try with the clinical trial is the lucky one for you!

Shana - New/different symptoms always revive my hope--I hope they're a sign of good things to come for you! I'm sorry you have to work today. J does too, but I have the day off.

AFM - my race yesterday was great--thanks for thinking of me, ladies! The weather was perfect for running--cloudy and in the 50s. I was only running this as a training run for my half marathon in two weeks, so I took it easy and felt good the whole time.

Aside from that, it was a pretty quiet weekend. We had friends over Saturday and Sunday, but didn't do anything big, just hung out. J went in for his SA this morning (we jumped on the opportunity to do it on a day when I was off work so I could go along). So now it's just a waiting game. I don't know if my OB's office is open today or not. If so, I should get my CD 3 bloodwork results today. If not, then that will be tomorrow, and they said SA results would be tomorrow or Wednesday. I think we're going to schedule our follow-up sit down with my OB for the end of the month, when I have some time off of work.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Shana- you said you feel the same as every other cycle but then you mentioned all those strange symptoms!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member

LOL I guess that was confusing when I was talking about two different symptoms. What I was going for is, I hope I just start puking my guts out and get big heavy boobs! LOL I over react with every new symptom, although the light headiness really is driving me crazy and if that is my PG symptom I hope it goes away before too long, I've never had a drink in my life and I feel drunk. I don't know how I can compare it to that but all being drunk is is you can't control yourself, and you feel sick....... Yeah that's how I feel LOL

Well ladies,

iVillage Member

Shana, that's so cool that you're going to help coach! They'll definitely keep you busy! I played soccer for almost 10 years, and loved it (though I was never good at it). Soccer is high on the list of things J and I look forward to about having a kid. :)

I'm back at work and having sort of a tough day. I'm not sure why, entirely--but I feel a bit down--just sort of "blah." My doctor should call this afternoon with my CD 3 results, so chances are that + waiting on the SA results has something to do with it. I'm simultaneously anxious to get the results, and scared about what they might be. I also just got an email from a client about Mother's Day plans, which reminded me that might be a tough day this year. Last year, I was only 4 or 5 months into TTC, so Mother's Day was still sort of exciting--thinking it would be my last one without a baby (or a baby on the way). But I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I? :) There's still lots of time between now and May--anything could happen.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
OK, I'm just talking to myself now. But my doctor just called with my CD 3 test results + the SA results. Except I was in a meeting when she called! I called back as soon as I could, but she was in with a patient. So now I'm just waiting--and driving myself absolutely mad. Argh!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
i've hit the one-year mark of TTC. let me tell you, it's been one heck of a long year. going into this process, i had not even a clue that it would even have a chance of taking this long. feels like the long haul indeed. i had an HSG this last month so i had high hopes for the increased fertility that can provide, along with fantastic timing. but it wasn't meant to be. so here i am at CD2. 12 months into the process. cycle 14 (maybe 15, i'd have to check). one loss. no baby.

nice to have some ladies here who understand!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013