In it for the long haul - Longtimers TTC *January* - Already 2012!

iVillage Member
In it for the long haul - Longtimers TTC *January* - Already 2012!
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 2:35pm
Well another year has come and gone, I can't believe we are already 12 years past the Y2K when everyone thought the world would end! And now, according to the Mayan Calander this is the last new year ever! Oh boy! Can't wait to look back on this year 15 years from now and think man, what was the world getting at? Lol here's to an eventful 2012! Happy New Year!

Loves

Photobucket <a href="http://me

Pages

iVillage Member
tiffany, happy 30th!!! hope it was fantastic for you!

i'd happily trade with you... i'm closer now to 35 than i am to 34. how the crap did i get so old!?

let's hope that we get happy, sticky BFPs as presents the cycle after our anniversaries!!!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Tess- The needles are ugly aren't they? I had to give myself the trigger shot on my last IUI cycle. I was so sure I'd be fine at the doc's office. When it came time, I about passed out. My poor DH is horribly, deathly afraid of all needles so he couldn't help me. Once I got over myself and just did it, it wasn't so bad. Try to think happy thoughts, it helps.

Shana- Yay for keeping the faith. you give me so much courage.

Diane- I'm sorry you hit one year- I hit 2 years AND had my 30th birthday this month. I hated it. Then my team at work made my day- the got a birthday cake, decorated my desk, it was awesome

Brittany- I'm sorry you're hurting :( I hope getting the lap leads to your BFP!

AFM: I've been completely bummed out this month, sorry I haven't been around. We had our 2 year TTC anniversary, and 1 year with medical help this month, and to add some fun, my 30th birthday. We are doing our last stab at IUI this month. I'm CD8 today, and have my first monitoring on Tuesday, knowing my ovaries, we'll IUI either Friday or Saturday. We're going to visit my momma and daddy in February for my daddy's birthday, so that'll give me something to keep myself busy with. We'll probably be testing on my dad's birthday.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

Tess: Sorry to hear that AF is on her way. :( But I'm hoping IVF will give you your long-awaited BFP! We are just going to use Clomid for IUI...I've responded very well to it in the past, and I'm not really up for injectables.

Shana: Sorry to hear that your endo diagnosis is severe as well. Mine has been stage IV from the get-go, unfortunately, due to the size and number of my endometriomas. :( When are you you thinking about pursuing IVF?

AFM: Just the same...waiting for my lap on Feb 9, and I have an HSG (it's been 2 years since my last) on Monday. I'll be glad to get the surgery over with....these cysts are starting to hurt!! :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Hey Brittany! So glad you checked in! I've been wondering where you were at :) Hopefully enjoying yourself :) Sorry about your Endo :( yeah unfortunately us lucky ones that have Endo will always have Endo, it never goes away, and with each surgery to get it removed, it actually grows back 10 times as bad. My last Lap (in June last year) my OB said I had so many adhesions and so much scar tissue that he moved my diagnosis up from Moderate to Severe, wonderful. And that was another reason why he told us we needed to move onto IVF. My Endo makes it so I don't O, wonderful again, he's not worried about the egg trying to implant once it's fertilized,

iVillage Member
Diane, these ttc milestones can hit pretty hard. When I realized it was a year of really trying for me in September, I lost it a little. Those "perfectly timed" cycles can also throw you for a loop. But, we must keep plugging, and keep bd'ing! We will get there, I know we will.
Brittany-I hope the lap and thyroid treatment does the trick. I will be thinking of you on the 9th!!!! What med are you using for your IUI?

AFM- my perfectly timed cycle wasn't so perfect. 13dpo today and a negative FRER. So, my huge box of IVF meds came today and I had my nursing consult. I have to admit, the needles terrify me. The IM ones are gigantic and I basically need to take them for what sounds like over a month... yikes. I might need to put a picture of a super cute baby on the wall to look at while I get my shots. Looks like egg retrieval the week of the 13th, transfer the week of the 20th, and then you find out the following week. Gosh, my fingers and toes are triple crossed!!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member

Hi ladies! I’ve been so inconsistent with posting for the last year or so, but I want to try to get back in the swing of things!

Shana: That’s exciting news about your & your hubby’s coaching gig! I’m so excited for you! Hoping your BFP is coming soon…

Tess: That sounds like a very optimistic IUI cycle. Any news yet?

Rebekah: How did the SA and CD3 test results turn out?

Tiffany: So sorry to hear that AF showed on Christmas Eve! What a terrible present. Have you decided where to go from here?

Noelsgal: Sorry to hear you’ve hit the one-year mark. Have you done any testing besides your HSG?

AFM: I was having some pain at the end of 2011, so I had an ultrasound, and (as I suspected) my endo is back. I have three endometriomas of moderate size. So, I have my second laparoscopy on February 9. My RE also diagnosed me with hypothyroidism (potential cause of ovulation dysfunction?), so now I’m taking synthroid for that. After the lap, DH & I are planning for our first IUI.

How’s everyone doing this week?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
i've hit the one-year mark of TTC. let me tell you, it's been one heck of a long year. going into this process, i had not even a clue that it would even have a chance of taking this long. feels like the long haul indeed. i had an HSG this last month so i had high hopes for the increased fertility that can provide, along with fantastic timing. but it wasn't meant to be. so here i am at CD2. 12 months into the process. cycle 14 (maybe 15, i'd have to check). one loss. no baby.

nice to have some ladies here who understand!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
OK, I'm just talking to myself now. But my doctor just called with my CD 3 test results + the SA results. Except I was in a meeting when she called! I called back as soon as I could, but she was in with a patient. So now I'm just waiting--and driving myself absolutely mad. Argh!
Photobucket
iVillage Member

Shana, that's so cool that you're going to help coach! They'll definitely keep you busy! I played soccer for almost 10 years, and loved it (though I was never good at it). Soccer is high on the list of things J and I look forward to about having a kid. :)

I'm back at work and having sort of a tough day. I'm not sure why, entirely--but I feel a bit down--just sort of "blah." My doctor should call this afternoon with my CD 3 results, so chances are that + waiting on the SA results has something to do with it. I'm simultaneously anxious to get the results, and scared about what they might be. I also just got an email from a client about Mother's Day plans, which reminded me that might be a tough day this year. Last year, I was only 4 or 5 months into TTC, so Mother's Day was still sort of exciting--thinking it would be my last one without a baby (or a baby on the way). But I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I? :) There's still lots of time between now and May--anything could happen.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

LOL I guess that was confusing when I was talking about two different symptoms. What I was going for is, I hope I just start puking my guts out and get big heavy boobs! LOL I over react with every new symptom, although the light headiness really is driving me crazy and if that is my PG symptom I hope it goes away before too long, I've never had a drink in my life and I feel drunk. I don't know how I can compare it to that but all being drunk is is you can't control yourself, and you feel sick....... Yeah that's how I feel LOL

Well ladies,

Pages