New, new, Newbie's TTC #1 - January - A new year 2012!

iVillage Member
New, new, Newbie's TTC #1 - January - A new year 2012!
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 2:39pm
You newbies are ripping it up! I love the messages and conversations your having! Keep it up :-) welcome to all the newest newbies :-) let us know where you're at and where you're from! 1. Name/location 2. What CD are you on? Anything special done this cycle? Loves

Photobucket <a href="http://me

Pages

iVillage Member
Thanks for thinking of us even with your own problems heavy on your mind. I'm so sorry that you've had another mc and are back to the ttc board. My heart goes out to you!

Just wondering how everyone is doing out there. I'm still waiting to O and finally went and picked up the digital OPK's, I thought that the last two months it never really did look completely positive. I will be a little worried if it doesn't come up positive with the digital. I guess it won't matter though, I'm probably going on Clomid anyway. DH thinks I'm being really pessimistic this month but I am just not holding my breath. We've been BD'ing this week and just waiting to O any day. DH decided he would wait until after O to send the SA. We figured he'd have plenty of time to get it sent after O and in time for next cycle. I think you usually start the Clomid day 5, so we should have plenty of time. I'm CD 19 today, so just waiting waiting waiting.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Photobucket

iVillage Member

Hi girls! :) Hope everyone is having a nice week. Work has been nuts this week, but luckily we only have a 4 day week due to a federal holiday, so I only have to survive through tomorrow! It's also rainy, cold and gloomy today in Virginia, yuck!

Amanda - I am so sad to see you back here. :( But I'm also glad to have you around again. I missed you! You're a great girl to have around the boards and so knowledgable about TTC. I'll be thinking of you during the D&C. Aspirin is a good start, but I hope you get even more of a clear plan than that after getting the tissue test results back. I hope it's an easy "fix" and that you're pregnant again in no time - with a super sticky (hopefully girl) baby! :) (((HUG)))

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

iVillage Member

Hey gals!

Nice to hear updates from everyone. Amanda, I hope you get some answers and a sticky BFP very soon. Dina & E, keep on doin' the BD! :)

AFM - I'm super busy with work this week, which is good for the distraction so I don't obsess about my chart this month! It's already looking better this time around. Or, more consistent temps anyway. I'm only on CD 4 today and my chart is a straight line at 97 degrees. I've checked the thermometer at other times of the day just to make sure it's not stuck there :) I'm hoping that I've gotten better at temping so that I'll be able to tell a little more clearly when I O this month.

In the meantime, keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

iVillage Member

Dina, I must say I LOVE Digital OPK!

I was originally using Equate, but switched to the dgital ones b/c of the clear results of the smiley face for O. The only down side is they're $35, but at least they last for a month or two- depending on how often you test. When I got pregnant in November, we got pregnant on the day of O, which was the only day we TTC b/c we didn't anticiapte it being "normal." I used about half of them from CD 12-CD18 (testing 2x/day), but they also come up + when pregnant, so it was a good way to "check" that I was still pregnant (although, I did become obsessed about it, so I am sure I will be worse next time).

I think that's a good decision about waiting to send SA off until after O. I think you have a pretty good chance of getting pregnant soon since you're being so proactive with the testing, SA, and Clomid.

I hope you get to see that smiley face soon!

Amanda

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member

I hope we get some answers too! Dr. did say there's a chance it could just be a fluke b/c of the 15-20% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. Maybe it is just that simple. Or, I'm hoping at least whatever the results are doesn't prevent us from having a healthy-full term pregnancy.

E- I ovulated CD 17 last time too! Don't know if that is average for me though since I only have two cycle to go off of and I got pregnant in both of them. The first time I O on CD 25, but then started taking B6, which is why it may have moved or it could have just been late the first time... who knows. Not looking forward to charting temps again! OPK definitely helped track O along with charting for me.

I'm glad you're having fun with bd b/c TTC sometimes changes bd experience (since you have to do it so much and on cue type of thing, lol).

I haven't been a very good wife in that department since I got pregnant b/c I didn't want to chance anything, so we weren't bd so frequent and now with this we're MIA in that department for a couple of weeks, so it doesn't cause an infection, but there's other things :smileywink:

Good news, is we can TTC again as soon as my cycle starts, which should be around mid-February and same time we'll get the results, which is important since we're not going to try until we get some answers.

I agree, the 2ww following O is brutal, especially when you're charting b/c you're keeping track of all

iVillage Member

Temps slowly rise until O then drop on the day of O then go up again after. Sometimes they may not rise or just rise .10 degree/day.

I didn't think I was going O in August b/c my temps were consistently 97.1 until around CD 20 (of a 30 day cycle) and they they went up slightly and dropped again to 96.5 (or something like that on CD25) and they went up. For me, since I get pregnant easily, I haven't seen the drop after O just before AF as my temps continued to rise until I had a +hpt at 18dpo.

GL to all of you!

Amanda

iVillage Member

I'm just having a crazy stressful day!

Photobucket

iVillage Member

April - I'm glad work is keeping you busy! :) I wish my job was more distracting in that way. Are you in your second cycle of charting? I remember my first cycle was all over the place and then I got better at my temping routine and things became more clear in the second cycle of charting, I hope you have the same experience. By the way, I have also had a few days here and there of the same exact temperatures in a row.

Amanda - It's a terrible fluke to have to experience two losses, but I also hope you're in good health and go on to an uncomplicated pregnancy. I also think it's fascinating that they are able to analyze the tissue and give you answers at all. We have acess to so much amazing technology these days. I'm so glad you'll get to TTC again right away.
TTC BD'ing has been really good for us surprisingly. We are both kind of lazy in the libido department, so 'scheduled' BDing actually works to our benefit and we're really enjoying it. We're doing EOD right now and one of us will say "honey, don't forget, it's an ON day!" lol
I'm not looking forward to the TWW in a few days, but I think I will try to NOT track all of my symptoms and just wait it out until it is AF time. Easier said than done of course. Last cycle I tried to only enter data on my chart EOD or every 2 or 3 days. That helped a little and kept me from overanalyzing daily.
I need to adopt your attitude towards life. I am too much of a worrier and stresser, even though I know things always work out. A lot of it has to do with my being very underemployed and underpaid. It's a frustrating situation and I just earn so much less money than I ever imagined I would, blah. I know we'll make it work though. I'm like you - I always knew I'd be a mother someday, but I didn't know if I would get married. I did get married though and I'm thrilled for that, but can be do the mother thing now too please? :) As a little girl I always dreamed of babies, not weddings.

Dina - wow! What a day! Is DH's friend ever going to leave?? Hasn't she been there since before Christmas? You definitely need your space and privacy back, I hope there's an end in sight!
I read a lot too to relax and keep my mind off of life's stresses. I haven't read the Hunger Games but I'll put it on my list to check out. DH got me 4 books for Christmas. The first one I read was The Help. I loved it, it was wonderful. Now I'm reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown (the Davinci COde series) which is also good. I really recommend the books in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. I read the first two (more than once!) and am waiting for the third to come out in paperback. They are sooo good. I'm passing them around to all the readers in my office. :)
Enjoy the snow (we've barely had any so far this winter) and the holiday/going away party! :) I agree you should have a drink. I was super strict with myself last cycle (cutting out coffee, etc) and it didn't magically lead to a BFP so I figure I can relax and enjoy my life a little!

iVillage Member

Wow sounds like you have a busy week for sure! I have been doing pretty well have gotten back into running/working out which is a huge plus for me not just for the weight/health of it but its my favorite stress release and all just me time. I am lucky enough to live in a neighborhood that I can run alone in (during the day of course) and feel safe doing so. Went for a Walk/Jog for 25 min both Sunday and this morning since we had a light day and I was able to go in late I am hoping to the same on Friday as I will have the morning off work.

iVillage Member

Hey Carlene, thanks for the update! :) I'm trying to get back into running and working out too! :) I did 4 miles at the gym tonight, whoo hoo! ;) It's a great stress relief for me too.

Pages